Groundskeeper – Full-time
1 full-time opening at our Bartlesville campus
This person is responsible for the general maintenance of campus grounds and athletic fields.
Supervision Given or Received
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Head Groundskeeper.
- A personal and vital Christian faith
- Experience with lawn care equipment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, bend and perform physical labor
Examples of Work Performed
[Note] Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Operate lawn equipment, including a zero turn mower or push lawn mower, weed eaters, edgers, trimmers, and other electrical or gas powered equipment.
- Weed-eat and edge sidewalks and drives.
- Gather and empty trash, leaves, and yard debris.
- Service, clean, and maintain grounds equipment.
- Learn the difference between plants, bushes, flowers, and weeds.
- Plant, water and maintain flowers, flower beds, trees and bushes.
- Weed; add soil and mulch beds and landscaped areas.
- Trim and prune bushes and trees.
- Drive utility vehicles required to perform or travel to work, including golf carts, vans or trucks.
- Drive vehicles on roads and sidewalks; keeping off the grass and landscaped areas.
- Follow proper procedures for the use of chemicals, hand tools, and power equipment.
- Should be able to move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Notify managers concerning the need for repairs to buildings or equipment.
- Assist with the removal of snow and ice from sidewalks, driveways and parking areas, using snowplows, snow shovels, and spread snow melting chemicals.
- Assist with set up, arrange, and remove tables, chairs, and other equipment for special events such as banquets and meetings.
- Use caution while performing duties to ensure the safety of university property and personnel.
- Be willing to assist other staff members during emergency and/or special occasion situations.
To apply for this position please complete our application by clicking below:
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 918-335-6273 or firstname.lastname@example.org
As an evangelical Christian university of The Wesleyan Church, Oklahoma Wesleyan University models a way of thought, a way of life, and a way of faith. It is a place of serious study, honest questions, and critical engagement, all in the context of a liberal arts community that honors the primacy of Jesus Christ, the priority of Scripture, the pursuit of Truth, and the practice of Wisdom. Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Forbes, the University offers a thriving academic community. It is located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, a city of approximately 30,000 residents known for its strong schools and its appreciation for the arts. Bartlesville is the home of the annual OKMozart Festival and of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Price Tower. It is located in the beautiful Green Country region of northeast Oklahoma, forty-five miles north of Tulsa.