Head Groundskeeper – Full-time
1 full-time opening at our Bartlesville campus
This person is responsible for supervising the general maintenance of campus grounds and athletic fields. They are responsible for the oversight of a grounds crew.
Supervision Given or Received
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Director of Facilities. This person is responsible for the supervision of the crews assigned to the maintenance of the campus grounds and athletic fields and equipment used in those areas.
- A personal and vital Christian faith
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with lawn care equipment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, bend and perform physical labor
Examples of Work Performed
[Note] Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Responsible for the supervisor of the grounds crews.
- Implement the maintenance schedule for grounds equipment.
- Monitor the irrigation systems.
- Implement schedules and assignments for grounds staff and student workers.
- Prioritize mowing schedules.
- Evaluate grounds work based on labor skills and equipment used.
- Supervise and provide training on the use of mowers, trimmers, and other grounds equipment.
- Supervise the use of chemicals used in maintaining fields and lawns.
- Maintain clean sidewalks and parking lots to provide a safe environment.
- In charge of snow removal on campus streets and walks
- Assist with other tasks as assigned.
To apply for this position please complete our application by clicking below:
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 918-335-6273 or email@example.com
As an evangelical Christian university of The Wesleyan Church, Oklahoma Wesleyan University models a way of thought, a way of life, and a way of faith. It is a place of serious study, honest questions, and critical engagement, all in the context of a liberal arts community that honors the primacy of Jesus Christ, the priority of Scripture, the pursuit of Truth, and the practice of Wisdom. Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Forbes, the University offers a thriving academic community. It is located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, a city of approximately 30,000 residents known for its strong schools and its appreciation for the arts. Bartlesville is the home of the annual OKMozart Festival and of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Price Tower. It is located in the beautiful Green Country region of northeast Oklahoma, forty-five miles north of Tulsa.