The custodian performs custodial duties in and around campus facilities. This person will perform a wide variety of custodial duties in order to provide a clean, orderly, and safe environment on the campus.
This is a full-time position working up to 40 hours per week.
Supervision Given or Received
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Office Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous cleaning experience is preferred;
- The ability to self-motivate and work with little supervision
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl and climb;
- Evidence of a personal and vital Christian faith.
Examples of Work Performed
NOTE: Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Clean and sanitize bathrooms using established practices and procedure.
- Clean, dust, and wipe furniture; sweep, mop, or vacuum floors; empty/clean wastebaskets and trash containers; refill paper, soap, sanitizer dispensers.
- Assist with the setup of facilities for meetings, classrooms, conferences, events, etc.
- Strip, clean, buff and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors, vacuum and shampoo carpets.
- Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools; buffers, auto scrubbers, extractors, vacuums, brooms, mops, and squeegees for cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, furniture, etc.
- Wash/clean accessible windows/blinds; wash walls and equipment.
- Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies.
- Submit work orders for things that need to be fixed or replaced.
- Able to perform lifting and bending motions.
- Safely operate all vehicles and other job related equipment.
- Follow policies established by Buildings and Grounds and OKWU.
- Other duties as assigned
To apply for this position please complete our application by clicking below:
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 918-335-6273 or firstname.lastname@example.org
As an evangelical Christian university of The Wesleyan Church, Oklahoma Wesleyan University models a way of thought, a way of life, and a way of faith. It is a place of serious study, honest questions, and critical engagement, all in the context of a liberal arts community that honors the primacy of Jesus Christ, the priority of Scripture, the pursuit of Truth, and the practice of Wisdom. Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Forbes, the University offers a thriving academic community. It is located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, a city of approximately 30,000 residents known for its strong schools and its appreciation for the arts. Bartlesville is the home of the annual OKMozart Festival and of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Price Tower. It is located in the beautiful Green Country region of northeast Oklahoma, forty-five miles north of Tulsa.