1 full-time position at our Bartlesville, OK campus
The person performs general maintenance tasks in order to provide a safe, clean and comfortable living and learning environment for the students, faculty and staff of the university. This will be performed in conformance with a variety of standards to complete tasks relating to carpentry, sheetrock work, painting, basic electrical, and plumbing for maintaining, remodeling and new construction of the university property.
Supervision Given or Received
Work is performed under the direct supervision of the Building and Grounds Director of Facilities.
- A personal and vital Christian faith
- Strong technical skills in all areas of facility maintenance, including electrical, HVAC, plumbing, and construction, as demonstrated by certifications and licensures
- Ability to work independently and manage time and projects effectively
- A record of successful work experience
- An ability to interact with others in a respectful and cooperative manner
Examples of Work Performed
NOTE: Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Respond to work order requests by investigating the problem or task at hand and performing basic repairs, such as HVAC, plumbing, or electrical repairs, or coordinating with supervisor if more extensive service is needed.
- Assist with the preparation of the facility for incoming faculty or staff and the relocation of faculty or staff which may include, but is not limited to, painting, remodeling and moving furniture.
- Work with others on special projects, such as new construction or remodeling, which may include, but is not limited to: carpentry lay-out and rough-in; electrical rough-in; finishing sheetrock; painting; finish carpentry; floor tile; and small concrete work.
- Work with outside contractors, as directed.
- Monitor and maintain inventory of shop tools and supplies, and follow proper purchase order procedures when making purchases.
- Assist with special functions or activities which may include, but is not limited to: set-up for graduation or other groups; campus Christmas lighting; assist with parking (placement of barriers, directing traffic flow).
- Assist other technicians as necessary to complete daily tasks/projects.
- Assist with preventive maintenance of the campus facilities which include, but is not limited to, painting the interior and exterior of the facilities, summer maintenance of student facilities, interior and exterior lighting areas.
- Assist in providing a clean work environment, including, but not limited to: sweeping, cleaning shop or work area, hauling off excess trash and debris (scrap metal, old batteries, used lighting, used oil and other hazardous waste) and to dispose of properly and document according to EPA guidelines.
- Support and enforce policies established by Buildings and Grounds and OKWU.
- Able to perform lifting and bending motions.
- Other duties as assigned
To apply for this position please complete our application by clicking below:
Complete the Online Application
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 918-333-6151 or email@example.com.
As an evangelical Christian university of The Wesleyan Church, Oklahoma Wesleyan University models a way of thought, a way of life, and a way of faith. It is a place of serious study, honest questions, and critical engagement, all in the context of a liberal arts community that honors the primacy of Jesus Christ, the priority of Scripture, the pursuit of Truth, and the practice of Wisdom. Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Forbes, the University offers a thriving academic community. It is located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, a city of approximately 30,000 residents known for its strong schools and its appreciation for the arts. Bartlesville is the home of the annual OKMozart Festival and of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Price Tower. It is located in the beautiful Green Country region of northeast Oklahoma, forty-five miles north of Tulsa.