The person in this position handles the administrative work for all daily office operations including, but not limited to reception duties and staff support activities for the Tulsa campus. This position requires a friendly, pleasant personality, diplomacy and tact, the ability to maintain confidentiality, to work independently, prioritize, organize, and the capacity to complete tasks with independent judgment and limited oversight. Computer skills, navigating and managing databases, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills are essential.
Supervision Given or Received:
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Director of Enrollment Services, Academic Advising and Daily Operations..
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A high school diploma;
- Experience in an office setting;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Skill at providing excellent customer service;
- The ability to self-motivate and work with little supervision;
- Evidence of a personal and vital Christian faith;
Examples of Work Performed:
NOTE: Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Answer incoming phone calls and direct those calls appropriately
- Greet visitors, answer their general questions, and direct them accordingly
- Assist Enrollment Services personnel with general office duties, filing, tracking, correspondence, and processing transcripts
- Interact with other functional areas of the university (Registrar, Financial Services) on behalf of AGS
- Assist Academic Records personnel with general office duties, filing, tracking, correspondence.
- Prepare and assemble department materials
- Gain and maintain skills in computer operations connected with various internal software programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply for this position please complete our application by clicking below:
Complete the Online Application
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources 918-335-6273 or email@example.com
As an evangelical Christian university of The Wesleyan Church, Oklahoma Wesleyan University models a way of thought, a way of life, and a way of faith. It is a place of serious study, honest questions, and critical engagement, all in the context of a liberal arts community that honors the primacy of Jesus Christ, the priority of Scripture, the pursuit of Truth, and the practice of Wisdom. Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Forbes, the University offers a thriving academic community. It is located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, a city of approximately 30,000 residents known for its strong schools and its appreciation for the arts. Bartlesville is the home of the annual OKMozart Festival and of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Price Tower. It is located in the beautiful Green Country region of northeast Oklahoma, forty-five miles north of Tulsa.