Student Support Specialist for Online Students – Part-Time Bartlesville or Tulsa
Working under the supervision of the Dean of Advising and AGS Student Success, the Online Student Support Specialist is responsible for supporting adult and graduate students as they transition from being applicants to students. Providing assistance with the orientation of new instructors may also be required.
This position requires a friendly, pleasant personality, diplomacy and tact, the abilities to maintain confidentiality, work independently, prioritize, and organize, and the capacity to complete tasks with limited oversight and independent judgment. Computer skills and attention to detail are essential. This position also requires flexibility of hours worked.
Supervision Given or Received:
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Dean of Advising and AGS Student Success.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university (master’s preferred);
- Experience in non-traditional education;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Experience working or learning in an online course-management system;
- Experience working with data-management systems and software;
- Skill at providing excellent customer service;
- The ability to self-motivate and work with little supervision;
- A passion for the Oklahoma Wesleyan University mission and for Christian worldview integration in academic programs;
- Evidence of a personal and vital Christian faith;
- A connection to The Wesleyan Church or one of the many denominations comprising the historic Wesleyan-Arminian tradition is preferred.
Examples of Work Performed
NOTE: Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Communicate with students about
- Books and other course materials;
- Online orientation;
- Basic course and program expectations;
- University policies.
- Support students through the set-up and learning of their accounts.
- Monitor student participation.
- Communicate with faculty and staff about student challenges and successes.
- Help students troubleshoot problems.
- Connect students with resources that will foster their academic success and progress.
- Keep detailed records about student performance and communication.
- Keep organized records of about students at various stages in their programs.
To apply for this position please complete our application by clicking below:
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 918-335-6212 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an evangelical Christian university of The Wesleyan Church, Oklahoma Wesleyan University models a way of thought, a way of life, and a way of faith. It is a place of serious study, honest questions, and critical engagement, all in the context of a liberal arts community that honors the primacy of Jesus Christ, the priority of Scripture, the pursuit of Truth, and the practice of Wisdom. Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Forbes, the University offers a thriving academic community. OKWU’s main campus is located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, a city of approximately 30,000 residents known for its strong schools and its appreciation for the arts. Bartlesville is the home of the annual OKMozart Festival and of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Price Tower. It is located in the beautiful Green Country region of northeast Oklahoma, forty-five miles north of Tulsa. Our Tulsa office, located at 10810 E 45th Street, Suite 100, serves our Adult and Graduate Studies students, including those attending evening classes at that location, online, or at other satellite locations.