Public Services Librarian
One full time opening in Bartlesville.
FUNCTION OF JOB
Oversees the daily activities of Drake Library Public Services including development of policies and procedures for Public Services. An employee in this position is responsible for a variety of library functions including, but not limited to: supervise and schedule student staff, circulation desk management, schedule computer equipment, public relations, reference services and periodicals.
SUPERVISION GIVEN OR RECEIVED
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Provost/Vice President of Academic Affairs. Supervision and scheduling student employees is a part of this person’s responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
ALA accredited Masters degree required.
Supervisory experience preferred.
WORK TO BE PERFORMED
[NOTE] Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of Duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or logical assignment to the position.
Information Literacy Instruction
- Design, deliver, and assess online and face-to-face information literacy instruction including handouts and instructional videos
Circulation Desk Duties
Develop and implement work methods, policies, and procedures for the Public Services area including:
- Hire, train, schedule and supervise student employees for service at the Circulation Desk
- Develop and deliver necessary student staff training materials
- Monitor work-study hours, clock in/out for student staff employees
- Hold responsibility of the library’s cell phone in order to be on call for student employees
- Administer circulation of books, periodicals, and other library materials
- Maintain and update circulation desk policies
- Maintain circulation records of all library users including overdue notifications and fines
- Supervise shelving of books, shelf reading, and book displays
- Provide written communication and public notices to enhance library public relations
- Create and format many types of reports, signs, contact lists, and service materials
- Reserve and coordinate the use of study rooms and events in the library
- Assist with inventory of the book and periodical collection
- Supervise use and maintenance of library computers
- Reserve and allocate computers for exams
Reference and Information Services
- Assist in locating appropriate library materials for library users
- Assist library users in conducting online research
- Information literacy instruction
Collection Development and Maintenance
- Upkeep and display of library collection
- Supervise procedures for tracking books missing from the shelves
- Promote Library resources and develop displays and print resources
- Prepare annual reports for circulation of books, periodicals, and reserve materials
- Prepare reports on fines owed and lost items
- Process work time reports for student employees
- Acquisitions, receiving and shelving
General Library Functions
- Work with other librarian with budget and general library functions
To apply for this position please complete our application by clicking below:
Complete the Online Application
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 918-335-6212 or email@example.com.
As an evangelical Christian university of The Wesleyan Church, Oklahoma Wesleyan University models a way of thought, a way of life, and a way of faith. It is a place of serious study, honest questions, and critical engagement, all in the context of a liberal arts community that honors the primacy of Jesus Christ, the priority of Scripture, the pursuit of Truth, and the practice of Wisdom. Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Forbes, the University offers a thriving academic community. With its main campus located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, OKWU is part of a city of approximately 30,000 residents known for its strong schools and its appreciation for the arts. Bartlesville is the home of the annual OKMozart Festival and of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Price Tower. It is located in the beautiful Green Country region of northeast Oklahoma, forty-five miles north of Tulsa.