Storyteller and Content Coordinator
1 full time opening in Bartlesville, OK
Do you thrive as a collaborator and creative thinker? Do you love crafting meaningful stories? Are you adaptable to learning and take initiative in your work? This new position on OKWU’s Creative Impact Team could be for you.
The Storyteller and Content Coordinator is an OKWU culture-shaper responsible for crafting stories, coordinating content, and curating media. The role requires a passion for sharing people’s stories and supporting team members. Strong communication skills and an intuitive understanding of technology will enable the success of this individual to humbly serve. Writing, editing and organizational skills are essential.
This role is within OKWU’s Creative Impact Team—a team encouraging, creating and managing the University’s brand, marketing, and communications. The team elevates OKWU’s brand through meaningful communication plans, design-driven engagements, and innovation in the Christian higher education marketplace. Our focus is advancing Christ-centered education and student-success.
Supervision Given or Received
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Vice President for Creative Impact.
Examples of Work Performed
- Shapes the culture of OKWU through crafting stories (writing and editing) for the website, emails, press releases, Alumni Tower magazine, various newsletters and blogs, and other marketing and communications as needed.
- Serves as key storyteller, responding to and engaging with people and organizations in the voice of the University in various platforms.
- Events and Campaigns: Gather, write and share content for University events and campaigns.
- Web Content: Coordinate content for the OKWU.edu website in cooperation with the various university departments. Aid in managing the CMS by assisting in editing and making changes to the website.
- News and Events: Maintain and coordinate the web calendar and update news items, features, and promotions.
- Social Media: Manage and strategizes OKWU communication on social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.) to engage current and students, alumni and friends.
- Manage Student Personnel: Work with and oversee student work-study personnel to assist with content development and implementation.
- Curate media library: Organize and manage photos, video, and resources with tags, descriptions, captions, etc.
- Edits web images and converts files – Word to PDF, Excel to PDF, video and audio from one format to another.
- Writes titles and descriptions, creates tags and keywords, visually organizes web content to brand standards.
- Interacts with departments and vendors to provide media resources as needed.
- The position will require some work outside of normal (8am-5pm) hours for events and other media related responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in journalism, communication, and/or marketing with a strong portfolio of sample writings.
- Demonstrates ability to write/edit professionally, manage social media accounts, and communicate effectively with internal and/or external audiences.
- Possesses solid organizational skills, time management, and multi-tasking strengths.
- Strong interpersonal skills, team collaborator, managing internal and external relationships.
- Ability to use sound judgment and work independently.
- High level of proficiency in editing, writing, social media and email marketing
- Proficient design eye. Design skills are a plus (Adobe Creative).
- Professes Jesus Christ as Savior and commits to personal spiritual growth.
- Models personal integrity, highest ethical standards, and represent the University’s best interests.
To apply for this position please complete our application by clicking below:
Complete the Online Application
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 918-335-6273 or email@example.com
As an evangelical Christian university of The Wesleyan Church, Oklahoma Wesleyan University models a way of thought, a way of life, and a way of faith. It is a place of serious study, honest questions, and critical engagement, all in the context of a liberal arts community that honors the primacy of Jesus Christ, the priority of Scripture, the pursuit of Truth, and the practice of Wisdom. Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Forbes, the University offers a thriving academic community. It is located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, a city of approximately 30,000 residents known for its strong schools and its appreciation for the arts. Bartlesville is the home of the annual OKMozart Festival and of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Price Tower. It is located in the beautiful Green Country region of northeast Oklahoma, forty-five miles north of Tulsa.