Student Accounts Manager
1 full-time opening – Bartlesville campus
Ensuring the appropriate record-keeping of student payments and account balances is a critical function for OKWU. The person in this position ensures that student charges are accessed, payments are posted, delinquency is addressed, and questions are resolved, all with the highest degree of accuracy, diplomacy, and efficiency. As a working manager, the person in this job completes these duties as well as oversees the work that is delegated to other team members. The position requires a high degree of accuracy, diplomacy and tact, the ability to maintain confidentiality, to work independently, prioritize, and organize tasks, to collaborate with others both within and outside the department, and to proactively identify potential problems and opportunities for improvement. Major duties revolve around accounts receivable, including but not limited to student financial advising, collecting current and past-due accounts, preparation of periodic reports and statements on accounts, and administering payment plans.
Computer skills, attention to detail, and knowledge of accounting or bookkeeping are essential. A working knowledge of educational financial aid and how these funds apply to students’ accounts is necessary.
Supervision Given or Received
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Director of Accounting
- A personal and vital Christian faith.
- An earned bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Computer skills, attention to detail, and knowledge of accounting or bookkeeping are essential. A working knowledge of educational financial aid and how these funds apply to students’ accounts is necessary.
- Proven oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- A commitment to serving students
Examples of Work Performed
NOTE: Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Counsels students on payment alternatives.
- Monitors delinquent accounts and takes appropriate steps to collect payment; maintains records of attempts to collect.
- Codes, classifies, posts and consolidates information for reports and billings; checks for required forms and source documents; prepares journal entries.
- Prepares routine reports and billings and distributes them accordingly.
- Maintains manual and computer filing systems.
- Enters and coordinates the entry of data into the computer system.
- Receives and services telephone and personal inquiries pertaining to account balances and activity on accounts.
- Recommends improvements in office procedures and techniques.
- Serves on the registration organization committee.
- Administers various student payment plans.
- Reconciles various subsidiary ledgers with the general ledger.
- Maintains records of and generates repayment schedules for institutional loans. Load financial aid rosters.
- Monitors student financial aid status and communicates the same to students.
- Recommends enrollment eligibility based on students’ financial status.
- Maintains files on court judgments, garnishment and bankruptcy.
- While work schedule is fairly standard, must adapt to varying hours including evenings, Saturdays, differing starting and ending hours, as needed.
- Performs related work as assigned.
To apply for this position please complete our application by clicking below:
Complete the Online Application
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 918-333-6273 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an evangelical Christian university of The Wesleyan Church, Oklahoma Wesleyan University models a way of thought, a way of life, and a way of faith. It is a place of serious study, honest questions, and critical engagement, all in the context of a liberal arts community that honors the primacy of Jesus Christ, the priority of Scripture, the pursuit of Truth, and the practice of Wisdom. Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Forbes, the University offers a thriving academic community. With its main campus located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, OKWU is part of a city of approximately 30,000 residents known for its strong schools and its appreciation for the arts. Bartlesville is the home of the annual OKMozart Festival and of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Price Tower. It is located in the beautiful Green Country region of northeast Oklahoma, forty-five miles north of Tulsa. Our Tulsa campus, located just east of Hwy. 169 between 41st and 51st Street, set in a professional office complex with top-notch classroom and student-support space, provides easy access to AGS students.