Student Accounts Officer
1 part-time opening – Bartlesville campus
The person in this position is responsible for work in accounts receivables involving activities such as student financial advising, collecting current and past due accounts, preparing periodic reports and statements of accounts, and administering payment plans. This position requires a friendly, pleasant personality, diplomacy and tact, the ability to maintain confidentiality, to work independently, prioritize, organize, and the capacity to complete tasks with limited oversight and independent judgment.
Supervision Given or Received
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Student Accounts Managers.
- A personal and vital Christian faith.
- An earned associate’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Computer skills, attention to detail, and knowledge of accounting or bookkeeping are essential. A working knowledge of Financial Aid and how these funds apply to students’ accounts is necessary.
- Proven oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- A commitment to serving students
Examples of Work Performed
NOTE: Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Counsels students on payment alternatives.
- Monitors delinquent accounts and takes appropriate steps to collect payment; maintains records of attempts to collect under direction of supervisor.
- Checks for required forms and source documents.
- Prepares routine reports and billings and distributes them accordingly.
- Maintains manual and computer filing systems.
- Enters and coordinates the entry of data into the computer system.
- Receives and services telephone and personal inquiries pertaining to account balances and activity on accounts.
- Administers various student payment plans.
- Monitors student financial aid status and communicates the same to students.
- If requested by Enrollment Services, Coordinates/Facilitates the Financial Aid and Student Accounts Information Session at each Registration night for on ground AGS cohort starts in Bartlesville. These meetings occur in the evening and would be arranged in advance.
- Creates Cost Calendars for AGS students to compare projected Aid with Cost.
- Will occasionally work some evenings and Saturdays during Preview days for new traditional students. These dates will be arranged in advance with Manager.
- Performs related work as assigned by Manager.
To apply for this position please complete our application by clicking below:
Complete the Online Application
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 918-333-6273 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an evangelical Christian university of The Wesleyan Church, Oklahoma Wesleyan University models a way of thought, a way of life, and a way of faith. It is a place of serious study, honest questions, and critical engagement, all in the context of a liberal arts community that honors the primacy of Jesus Christ, the priority of Scripture, the pursuit of Truth, and the practice of Wisdom. Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Forbes, the University offers a thriving academic community. With its main campus located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, OKWU is part of a city of approximately 30,000 residents known for its strong schools and its appreciation for the arts. Bartlesville is the home of the annual OKMozart Festival and of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Price Tower. It is located in the beautiful Green Country region of northeast Oklahoma, forty-five miles north of Tulsa. Our Tulsa campus, located just east of Hwy. 169 between 41st and 51st Street, set in a professional office complex with top-notch classroom and student-support space, provides easy access to AGS students.