Function of Job
The Faculty Relations Coordinator oversees areas of responsibility tied specifically (but not limited to) faculty within the AGS Department: hiring, credentialing, training, evaluation and termination of adjunct faculty personnel. This position will assist in maintaining curriculum standards, student satisfaction & faculty performance in service to the AGS population, in both online & on-ground modalities.
This position requires a friendly, pleasant personality, diplomacy and tact, the ability to maintain confidentiality, work independently, prioritize, and organize, and the capacity to complete tasks with limited oversight and independent judgment. Computer skills and attention to detail are essential.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Vice President of Adult & Graduate Studies, with direct supervision given by AGS Director of LMS, Curriculum & Daily Operations.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A master’s degree or equivalent from an accredited university or equivalent experience;
- Experience in non-traditional education is a plus;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Experience working or learning in an online course-management system;
- A passion for the Oklahoma Wesleyan University mission and for Christian worldview integration in academic program;
- Evidence of a personal and vital Christian faith;
- A connection to the Wesleyan Church or one of the many denominations comprising the historic Wesleyan-Arminian tradition is preferred.
Examples of work performed
[Note] Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Specific managerial oversight related to: faculty development, training and support as they serve our AGS students in the classroom.
- Collaboration with Deans and Academic Advisors to ensure missional integrity as well as University policy are being communicated clearly and upheld.
- Re-initiate and drive OKWU’s faculty ranking system in collaboration with oversight related to student & faculty evaluations.
- Evaluate opportunities for both institutional and external training opportunities for OKWU to offer to adjunct faculty.
- Completing assigned special projects.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
To apply for this position please complete our application by clicking below:
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 918-335-6273 or email@example.com.
As an evangelical Christian university of The Wesleyan Church, Oklahoma Wesleyan University models a way of thought, a way of life, and a way of faith. It is a place of serious study, honest questions, and critical engagement, all in the context of a liberal arts community that honors the primacy of Jesus Christ, the priority of Scripture, the pursuit of Truth, and the practice of Wisdom. Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Forbes, the University offers a thriving academic community. OKWU’s main campus is located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, a city of approximately 30,000 residents known for its strong schools and its appreciation for the arts. Bartlesville is the home of the annual OKMozart Festival and of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Price Tower. It is located in the beautiful Green Country region of northeast Oklahoma, forty-five miles north of Tulsa. Our Tulsa office, located at 10810 E 45th Street, Suite 100, serves our Adult and Graduate Studies students, including those attending evening classes at that location, online, or at other satellite locations.