1 Full-time Opening
Working under the supervision of the Provost/VPAA to assist the Office of Academic Affairs, the Administrative Assistant oversees and manages all office procedures and other tasks as assigned by the Provost/VPAA. This position requires a friendly, pleasant personality, diplomacy and tact, the abilities to maintain confidentiality, work independently, prioritize, and organize, engage in strategic planning and project management, and the capacity to complete tasks with limited oversight and independent judgment. Computer skills and attention to detail are essential. This position also requires flexibility of hours worked.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Provost/VPAA. Supervision of student employees is a part of this person’s responsibilities.
Education Requirements & Qualifications
- A personal and vital Christian faith consistent with the mission of the university.
- A bachelor’s degree, master’s or equivalent training and experience is required.
- Significant computer literacy is required.
- A record of successful work experience in an academic setting is preferred.
Examples of Work Performed
NOTE: Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Foster efficiency in the office of the Provost/VPAA by maintaining the filing systems, answering telephone calls, scheduling meetings, preparing documents, completing reports/projects, and drafting business correspondence.
- Resolve administrative issues and inquiries.
- Sort, review, screen, and distribute incoming and outgoing mail; prepare, compose and ensure timely responses to a variety of routine written inquiries.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, interviews, appointments, travel and lodging, events and other similar activities for the Provost/VPAA.
- Provide oversight and supervision for GA’s and work-study students
- Plan OKWU’s commencement ceremony. Duties include arranging a speaker, photographer, and security personnel, preparing informational packets for graduates, and preparing the ceremony program.
- Plan and schedule faculty-development workshops.
- Escort visitors to the office of the Provost/VPAA and provide hospitality.
- Maintain the Academic Affairs Master Calendar.
- Compile agenda information and prepare minutes for the Academic Affairs Committee.
- Maintain faculty pages of the university website.
- Hire, train, and schedule student workers.
- Ensure the prompt payment of all accounts payable items. Assistant the Provost/VPAA in monitoring the budget.
- Communicate with and assist Board of Trustee members.
- Oversee study-abroad and off-campus opportunities for students and maintain a webpage for study-abroad offerings.
- Solve problems.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Provost/VPAA.