1 Full-Time Position Available
The person performs custodial duties in and around campus facilities. This person will perform a variety of duties in order to provide a clean, orderly, and safe environment on the campus.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Buildings & Grounds Office Manager.
Examples of work performed
[Note] Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Clean and sanitize bathrooms using established practices and procedure.
- Clean, dust, and wipe furniture; sweep, mop, or vacuum floors; empty/clean wastebaskets and trash containers; refill paper, soap, sanitizer dispensers.
- Assist with the setup of facilities for meetings, classrooms, conferences, events, etc.
- Strip, clean, buff and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors, vacuum and shampoo carpets.
- Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools; buffers, auto scrubbers, extractors, vacuums, brooms, mops, and squeegees for cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, furniture, etc.
- Wash/clean accessible windows/blinds; wash walls and equipment.
- Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies.
- Submit work orders for things that need to be fixed or replaced.
- Able to perform lifting and bending motions.
- Safely operate all vehicles and other job related equipment.
- Follow policies established by Buildings and Grounds and OKWU.
- Other duties as assigned
- Professes Jesus Christ as Savior and commits to personal spiritual growth
- Models personal integrity, ethical standards, and represents OKWU’s mission
- Ability to stand/walk for 8 hours per day
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.