1 Full-time Opening, Bartlesville, OK
Do you breathe design and delight in organization? If you love to create, curate, and collaborate, joining the Creative Impact Team may be the perfect fit. You’ll be part of shaping the culture of OKWU through design and storytelling.
The teammate we’re seeking is a savvy graphic designer with project management skills. Their portfolio will inspire us through print and digital design—balancing the hierarchy of information while presenting a powerful visual story. Blending graphic design and project coordination skills allow this individual to bring a vision from concept to completion.
Strong communication, self-organization, and an intuitive understanding of digital design will be laser-focused on engaging with our audience. A natural outcome of this position will be a supporting role in social media initiatives.
This entry-level role is within OKWU’s Creative Impact Team—a resourceful team leading the University’s branding, marketing, and communications. We elevate OKWU’s brand through meaningful communication strategy, social media engagement, and innovation in the Christian higher education marketplace.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the VP for Creative Impact.
- Efficient and creative graphic designer. Serves as a graphic designer through on-brand graphic design in print and digital platforms. Assist in updating the university website via WordPress and organize digital assets.
- Strategic thinker and project coordinator. Plan and manage team goals, project schedules, and content. Communicate with clients to identify and define project requirements and resources to move from conception through realization.
- Social media support team. Assist in curating OKWU’s social presence through creating engaging content that maximizes impact. Oversee student work-studies to assist with design and social media as needed.
- A team player with a strong work ethic and dedication to high standards of communication, both in-person and online. Demonstrates a desire to learn and grow by critique and self-evaluation of work. Occasionally the role requires work outside of normal (8am-5pm) hours for events and other media-related responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Mastery of Mac OS and Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign. Proficient in WordPress, CoSchedule, Canva, MailChimp, and project management tools. Ability to learn new software.
- Implements understanding of design principles, executing high-quality brand standards
- Good communication and interpersonal skills capable of maintaining strong relationships
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Documentation management and ability to use project management tools
- Attention to details even under pressure
- Time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Exhibits sound judgment on social platforms as a representative of the university
- Professes Jesus Christ as Savior and commits to personal spiritual growth
- Models personal integrity, ethical standards, and represents OKWU’s mission
- Bachelor’s or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience in graphic design and project coordination
- Professional design portfolio with print and digital media
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively on social media (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn)
DIGITAL PORTFOLIO REQUESTED
Please provide a website portfolio link in your resume or the online application. You may also email your digital portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.