- Oklahoma Wesleyan University
- Reports to Vice President for Creative Impact
GRAPHIC DESIGNER DESCRIPTION:
If you breathe design and love storytelling, joining the OKWU Creative Impact team may be the perfect fit. The ideal candidate will have strong creative skills and a portfolio of work which demonstrates their passion for graphic design and typography. This candidate will have experience working with numerous different design platforms across digital and print forms.
This team member turns ideas and concepts into designs that will further optimize the audience experience across all OKWU platforms—balancing hierarchy of information while presenting a powerful visual story. This entry-level position works from our campus in Bartlesville, Oklahoma.
The Creative Impact team serves all areas of university branding, marketing, and communications. The united mission is to elevate OKWU’s brand through meaningful communication strategy, social media engagement, and innovation in the Christian higher education marketplace.
- Graphic designer. Serves as a university designer through on-brand graphic design in print and digital platforms. Assist in updating the university website via WordPress and organize digital assets.
- Self-organized communicator. Balance design and project management tasks. Communicate with clients to identify and define project requirements and resources to move from conception to delivery.
- Creative curator. Assist in curating OKWU’s media presence by creating engaging content that maximizes impact. Oversee student work-studies to assist with design and social media as needed.
- Collaborative team player. Strong work ethic and dedication to high standards of communication, both in-person and online. Demonstrates desire to learn and grow by critique and self-evaluation of work.
- Professes Jesus Christ as Savior and commits to personal spiritual growth
- Models personal integrity, ethical standards, and represents OKWU’s mission
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS:
- Mastery of Mac OS and Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign. Proficient in WordPress, CoSchedule, Canva, MailChimp, and project management tools. Ability to learn new software.
- Implements understanding of design principles, executing high-quality brand standards
- Good communication and interpersonal skills capable of maintaining strong relationships
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Documentation management and ability to use project management tools
- Attention to details even under pressure
- Time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Exhibits sound judgment on social platforms as a representative of the university
- Ability to work outside normal 8-5pm hours on special occasions
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience in graphic design
- Professional design portfolio with print and digital media
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively on social media (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn)
The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Please submit a portfolio link or PDF with application for consideration.