1 Full-Time Position Available
The Director of Human Resources oversees all functions relating to human resources, including but not limited to benefit administration, employment policy, legal compliance, recruiting and staffing, compensation and payroll, employee relations, and performance management. The person in the position must demonstrate a strategic view of human resources while simultaneously applying practical, effective, and efficient ability to execute the daily, weekly, monthly, and annual tasks associated with the function. Excellence in interpersonal communication, rapport-building, diplomacy, confidentiality, efficiency, and decision making is required. Limited oversight is provided, so the person must exercise discretion and independent judgment in prioritizing work, identifying key initiatives, and balancing various demands. As part of a small human-resources team, the person must willingly contribute to and complete tasks at all levels of the HR spectrum, both strategic and practical, exciting and mundane.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the VP of Business Affairs/Chief Financial Officer. Supervision is given to the Human Resources staff.
Minimum bachelors degree in human resources, business management, organizational leadership, or similar field of study is required. Equivalent experience will be considered.
Examples of Work Performed
[Note] Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Contribute to the design and selection of key employee benefits, and oversee the subsequent administration, to include medical, dental, life, disability, workers comp, retirement (403b), flexible spending. Coordinate annual open enrollment periods as well as new employee enrollment. Reconcile monthly billing with employee deductions.
- Oversee recruitment and selection, coordinating with appropriate managers to solicit applications, conduct interviews and determine alignment with mission and values of the University, identify the ideal candidate, on-board new employees, and oversee legal compliance within the hiring process of all employees. When appropriate, work with legal team to secure appropriate work visas.
- Oversee the use of the HRIS system, including payroll, time and attendance, benefits, and other functional areas of the system. This includes vendor coordination, implementation of new modules, and continued integration of automation.
- Ensure compliance with employment law, updating employment policies, practices, and benefit design, as needed.
- Solicit input from employees to gain a broad perspective of the needs and desires of employees; translate that insight into effective policies, benefits, and initiatives to contribute to the effective recruitment and retention of high performance employees.
- Conduct exit interviews to collect university equipment and solicit employee feedback.
- Assist with the compilation of the university’s salary and benefits budgets.
- Assist with monthly payroll processing
- Complete all Human Resources related reports and surveys.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and ongoing expansion of an employee training program through ThomsonReuters.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.