Function of Job
This position requires general technical training and/or knowledge of supporting chrome, apple, and windows systems. This role will provide general oversite over the IT Help Desk to ensure that the need of students, faculty, and staff are addressed promptly and professionally. Qualified candidates will have a history of identifying common problems and responding proactively to maintain a high level of customer service and care. Experience with creating end-user-facing documentation/FAQs is preferred.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Director of Information Technology. Performance reviews are given as needed.
Supervision is given to two work-study employees.
To be successful in this position, applicants will demonstrate a sense of ownership of the IT Help Desk, and in doing so work with the Director of IT to establish best practices and standard operating procedures. Goals might include: Creating FAQs that are publicly available to students, faculty, and staff; establishing a schedule with work studies and other IT staff to ensure that stakeholders have access to technical support when they need it.
Examples of work performed
- Support all computers on campus, both Windows and Mac-based.
- Maintain other technology, such as printers.
- Perform software and hardware upgrades.
- Assist with set-up for activities where computers are required, such as registration.
- Manage Office365 Email system.
- Single-Sign on Configuration and Management
- Maintain Active Directory user accounts, and create new ones as needed.
- Work with the Director to establish policies and procedures that keep the end-user first
- Manage online support ticket system.
- Support various web initiatives.
- Support the creation of automated processes and other efficiencies
- Document and Maintain FAQs and Support Documentation
- Various other duties as assigned