This faculty member will lead courses in topics related to psychology. The ideal candidate should have a terminal degree in his or her field. Experience teaching online is preferred; willingness to learn online pedagogy is acceptable. Faculty member will work alongside other colleagues in order to build the psychology program for both TRAD and GPS.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Dean of the School of Arts & Sciences. Performance reviews are conducted annually by the Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences
Examples of work performed:
Note: Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Teach courses required for the completion of major requirements
- Assist in oversight of department events/activities for students
- Keep regular office hours in order to help students with coursework
- Read and reply to emails over summertime when off contract (1-2 times weekly)
- Support and contribute to the institutional strategic mission, vision, and goals
- Assist the Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences in finding and reviewing the qualifications of potential adjuncts to teach in the department, as necessary
- Advise, mentor, and support students
- Stay up-to-date with scholarship in assigned field
- Serve on School of Arts and Sciences and university-wide committees as assigned
- Participate in the ongoing assessment, evaluation, and development of programs
- Develop courses and syllabi by deadlines set by the office of the provost
- Participate in accreditation work as needed
- Assist the Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences with budget planning and purchasing
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Selecting and setting-up experiments for the laboratory.
- Purchasing and preparing lab materials for experiments.
- Maintaining and organizing the lab.