- The ACE Graduate Assistant works directly with the Academic Center for Excellence (ACE) to aid in the proper instruction of our student population.
- Faculty members will continue to provide all classroom instruction, and the GA will then reinforce classroom instruction with students one-on-one or in small settings.
- This academic GA will work a minimum of 20 hours in ACE.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences and the ACE Director.
Qualifications and Education
- Evidence of commitment to the integration of Christian faith and living with theory and practice of education is expected.
- A personal and vital Christian faith is required; a connection to The Wesleyan Church or one of the many denominations comprising the historic Wesleyan-Armenian tradition is preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred, but students in their bachelor’s degree will be considered for employment.
Examples of work performed
[Note] Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Promote and facilitate day-to-day operations of ACE.
- Maintain accurate records and statistics of ACE traffic/usage and complete tutoring.
- Provide one-on-one tutoring, instruction, and feedback during Workshops.
- Aid instructors in marking and providing feedback on student papers, keeping 10 additional hours devoted to this purpose unless needed in a classroom.
- Occasional proctoring of classes during tests.
- Scheduling and proctoring exams.
- Occasional class attendance to review concepts taught to students in order to reinforce learning during tutoring sessions.
- Operate as part of the administrative team that maintains and responds to the online Writing Resource Center under the supervision of a designated OKWU English faculty member.
- Perform other assigned duties as directed by the Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences.