Perform duties as requested by Supervisor. It is the responsibility of each employee to perform assigned duties in a safe manner to prevent injury to oneself or others. Promptness and attendance are necessary and play a vital role in the overall performance of this university.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Head Women’s Soccer Coach.
Qualifications and Education
- A personal and vital Christian faith
- A bachelor’s degree
- Acceptance into OKWU’s master’s program
- The ability to maintain a 3.0 GPA in the master’s program
Examples of work performed
[Note] Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Participate in planning and conducting in-season practices, and where appropriate and permissible, non-traditional and post-season team/individual athlete practices and competitions; using one’s own discretion and independent judgment to develop and implement conditioning programs for teams and/or individuals.
- Design instructions for individual student athletes and for specific team needs, and teach proper skills, skill development, and team concepts to student athletes.
- Provide student athletes with instruction regarding physical health and safety and promote student athlete safety and well-being.
- Analyze opponent performance and provide recommendations for strategies and tactics for utilization during competition play.
- Actively develop recruitment strategies, identify students to recruit and high schools to visit; provide recommendations to the head coach and carry out correspondence with prospective student athletes by mail, telephone, e-mail; participate in campus visits.
- Evaluate and participate in the selection of student athletes to include assessment of individual academic eligibility and overall skill levels; coordinate the process of selecting, maintaining, monitoring and evaluating team members to include athlete talent assessment, academic eligibility and individual sport performance.
- Monitor the academic progress of assigned student athletes and ensure compliance with NAIA, College, and conference regulations; provide council to student athletes regarding goals, academic success and other personal and sport related issues.
- Participate in campus visits and various meetings with recruits and other members of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, including the Director.
- Provide assistance with establishing and arranging practice and competition schedules; ensure appropriate travel arrangements have been made to include mode of transportation, lodging, and meals; submit an itinerary to the Director of Athletics and Associate Director as scheduled.
- Oversee the distribution and recovery of all equipment and uniforms. Establish and maintain an inventory control system; authorize the purchase or replacement of uniforms and equipment.
- Assist the head coach in identifying problems and/or concerns regarding athletic facilities and work with the Associate Director of Athletics to resolve any facility-related concerns.
- Ensure officials have been secured for all home games.
- Engage in various fundraising projects and related programs and activities promoting the athletics program; ensuring sport specific fundraising goals are met; participate in public relations opportunities with faculty, staff, students, alumni, and news media.
- Work Winter and Spring Commencement events
- Work university-wide special events when called upon by the Office of the President