GRAPHIC DESIGNER DESCRIPTION
If you breathe design and love storytelling you’d thrive on OKWU’s Creative Impact team!
We’re looking for a graphic designer who turns concepts into real designs that invite our audience to experience their story at OKWU.
The ideal graphic design candidate will have strong creative skills and a portfolio of work demonstrating their passion for design—balancing the hierarchy of information while presenting a powerful visual story.
This role works from our campus in Bartlesville, Oklahoma on the Creative Impact team, which serves all areas of university branding, marketing, and communications. This team’s mission is to elevate OKWU’s brand through meaningful communication strategy, social media engagement, and innovation in the Christian higher education marketplace. Please submit a portfolio link or PDF with the application for consideration.
- Oklahoma Wesleyan University
- Reports to Vice President for Creative Impact
- Graphic designer. Serves as a university designer through on-brand graphic design in print and digital platforms. Assist in updating the university website via WordPress and organizing digital assets.
- Self-organized communicator. Balance design and project management tasks. Communicate with clients to identify and define project requirements and resources to move from conception to delivery.
- Creative curator. Assist in curating OKWU’s social media presence by collaborating on content with editors and media producers. Oversee student workers who assist with content curation.
- Collaborative team player. Strong work ethic and dedication to high standards of communication, both in-person and online. Demonstrates a desire to learn and grow from the input of others.
- Professes Jesus Christ as Savior and commits to personal spiritual growth
- Models personal integrity, ethical standards, and represents OKWU’s mission
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Mastery of Mac OS and Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign. Proficient in WordPress, CoSchedule, Canva, MailChimp, and project management tools. Ability to learn new software.
- Implements understanding of design principles, executing high-quality brand standards
- Good communication and interpersonal skills capable of maintaining strong relationships
- Strong organization, multi-tasking skills, and ability to use project management tools
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities with attention to detail under pressure
- Consistent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Exhibits sound judgment on social platforms as a representative of the university
- Ability to work outside normal 8-5 pm hours on special occasions
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree
- Professional design portfolio with print and digital media
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively on social media (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn)
The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.