1 Part-time Position Available
This person is responsible for the general maintenance of campus grounds and athletic fields.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Grounds crew leader.
- Professes Jesus Christ as Savior and commits to personal spiritual growth
- Models personal integrity, ethical standards, and represents OKWU’s mission
- Ability to stand/walk for 8 hours per day
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Prior experience with lawn equipment/lawn maintenance preferred
Examples of work performed
[Note] Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Operate lawn equipment, including a zero turn mower or push lawn mower, weed eaters, edgers, trimmers, and other electrical or gas powered equipment.
- Weed-eat and edge sidewalks and drives.
- Gather and empty trash, leaves, and yard debris.
- Service, clean, and maintain grounds equipment.
- Learn the difference between plants, bushes, flowers, and weeds.
- Plant, water and maintain flowers beds, trees and bushes.
- Weed; add soil and mulch beds and landscaped areas.
- Trim and prune bushes and trees.
- Drive utility vehicles required to perform or travel to work, including golf carts, vans or trucks.
- Drive vehicles on roads and sidewalks; keeping off the grass and landscaped areas.
- Follow proper procedures for the use of chemicals, hand tools, and power equipment.
- Should be able to move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Notify managers concerning the need for repairs to buildings or equipment.
- Assist with the removal of snow and ice from sidewalks, driveways and parking areas, using snowplows, snow shovels, and spread snow melting chemicals.
- Assist with set up, arrange, and remove tables, chairs, and other equipment for special events such as banquets and meetings.
- Use caution while performing duties to ensure the safety of university property and personnel.
- Be willing to assist other staff members during emergency and/or special occasion situations.