1 full time opening. Rate of pay: $17+ per hour.
Function of Job
The person performs general maintenance tasks in order to provide a safe, clean and comfortable living and learning environment for the students, faculty and staff of the university. This will be performed in conformance with a variety of standards to complete tasks relating to carpentry, sheetrock work, painting, basic electrical, and plumbing for maintaining, remodeling and new construction of the university property.
This will be a full time position with preferred experience in HVAC.
Work is performed under the direct supervision of the Director of Facilities.
Examples of work performed
[Note] Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Respond to work order requests by investigating the problem or task at hand and performing basic repairs, such as HVAC, plumbing, or electrical repairs, or coordinating with supervisor if more extensive service is needed.
- Assist with the preparation of the facility for incoming faculty or staff and the relocation of faculty or staff which may include, but is not limited to, painting, remodeling and moving furniture.
- Work with others on special projects, such as new construction or remodeling, which may include, but is not limited to: carpentry lay-out and rough-in; electrical rough-in; finishing sheetrock; painting; finish carpentry; floor tile; and small concrete work.
- Work with outside contractors, as directed.
- Monitor and maintain inventory of shop tools and supplies, and follow proper purchase order procedures when making purchases.
- Assist with special functions or activities which may include, but is not limited to: set-up for graduation or other groups; campus Christmas lighting; assist with parking (placement of barriers, directing traffic flow).
- Assist other technicians as necessary to complete daily tasks/projects.
- Assist with preventive maintenance of the campus facilities which include, but is not limited to, painting the interior and exterior of the facilities, summer maintenance of student facilities, interior and exterior lighting areas.
- Assist in providing a clean work environment, including, but not limited to: sweeping, cleaning shop or work area, hauling off excess trash and debris (scrap metal, old batteries, used lighting, used oil and other hazardous waste) and to dispose of properly and document according to EPA guidelines.
- Support and enforce policies established by Buildings and Grounds and OKWU.
- Able to perform lifting and bending motions.
- Other duties as assigned