Faculty – Music Professor
School: School of Ministry and Christian Thought
Supervisor’s Title: Dean of the School of Ministry
Education Requirement: Master’s Degree – Terminal Degree preferred
Date Prepared and Reviewed: Fall 2023
This faculty member will teach courses related to the program. The ideal candidate should have a terminal degree in music or a music-related field. Experience teaching online is preferred; willingness to learn online pedagogy is required. The successful candidate will lead the university chorale and ensembles and work with music adjuncts to ensure successful field graduates and offer a strong co-curricular experience to those enrolled in a music course.
Prior teaching experience at the collegiate level is preferred.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Dean of the School of Ministry and Christian Thought. In addition, the Dean conducts performance reviews.
Examples of work performed:
Note: Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Teaching assigned courses using lectures, labs, hands-on demonstrations, cooperative learning, and other methods in multiple modalities. Courses are offered per established standards and syllabi;
- Duties will also include actively recruiting, retaining, and refining talented undergraduate students, both for music majors and minors, as well as members of the university chorale and ensembles;
- Participating in course and curriculum design, student advisement, program review, and university committees as required for maintaining and improving the learning program;
- Participating in meetings and contributing through appropriate committee assignments;
- Assist the Dean in setting up term class schedules;
- Be available for 10 hours per week for student contact hours;
- Assist the Dean of the School of Ministry and Christian Thought in finding and reviewing the qualifications of potential adjuncts to teach in the department, as necessary;
- Advise, mentor, and support students.
- Stay up-to-date with scholarships in the assigned field;
- Participate in the ongoing assessment, evaluation, and development of programs;
- Develop courses and syllabi by deadlines set by the Office of the Provost;
- Participate in accreditation work as needed;
- Assist the Dean of the School of Ministry and Christian Thought with budget planning and purchasing and scheduling classes.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.