Function of Job
This position requires travel, diplomacy and tact, the ability to maintain confidentiality, to work independently while still working well with others, prioritize, organize, manage a budget, time management and the capacity to complete tasks with limited oversight and independent judgment in the environment of a Christian university’s athletic department.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Director of Athletics. Performance reviews are given on an annual basis.
Examples of work performed
[Note] Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Write and release stories and send pictures to local and state media.
- Prepare and send Preseason Prospectus for each sport. Send to SID and Coach
- Collect Opponents Prospectus, Contact for Rosters, information for Game programs.
- Designs and Prints Game Programs
- Production of Pocket Schedules, Posters, Fliers
- Help with Game Setup, Find Announcers, and any other court-side jobs
- Must be present, have work study present, or communicate a plan of coverage with the head coach at all Athletic Events.
- PSA’s and Press Releases (WRITING, EMAILING, FAXING, CALLING, TWEETING, FACEBOOK)
- Media Guide Responsibilities
- Set up Team Pictures
- In Charge of Athletic Action Photo’s taken
- Video stream home games
- Player Profile Sheets for each support & Releases to their hometown papers
- Organize and use work-study the best way available
- Work with local Radio, Television, Media Outlets.
- Maintain Updates to the OWU Athletic Website.
- We are responsible for updating information on the KCAC and NAIA website also.
- Game Stats during games which are broadcast over the internet.
- Creating an online Media Guide with the possibility of printing a few of them for use.
- Produce game programs.
- Homecoming and Alumni Game help with athletic events.
- Work with Alumni Office to keep Alumni Updated
- Help with Booster Club support materials
- Weekly and Monthly Calendar Alerts for Campus