Function of Job
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director of Student Services, the Student Services Coordinator provides general assistance to students related to academic, registration, financial aid or student account issues. Working closely with each of the offices within the Student Services Office, this person perform clerical and technical duties in the Student Services office, assist students with general questions related to student services and direct them to the appropriate staff member to assist them with personal or specialized questions. This person will also provide administrative and project support to the Student Services Office team.
The candidate will work closely with the other offices within the Student Services Office, Admissions, and Academic Advisors and lead the way in supporting and creating university policy.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Executive Director of Student Services. Supervision may be exercised over one or more administrative support employees.
This full-time position requires strong leadership, organizational, project management and interpersonal skills. They should be detail-oriented, comfortable with technology, self-motivated, able to implement policy and have the ability to work independently. The candidate should possess excellent computer skills and proficiency in the Microsoft Office applications of Word, Excel and Outlook and have an aptitude for learning new software systems.
Examples of Work Performed
- Welcomes students and guest into the Student Services Office and directs to appropriate staff for assistance
- Assist students with general questions related to Student Services
- Screens and evaluates incoming and outgoing email correspondence and phone calls and prepares responses as appropriate.
- Schedules appointments and coordinates office meetings and locations
- Prepare communications such as emails, office signage, campus notices and other correspondences related to Student Services
- Train and provide supervision to work-study students, including daily tasks, schedules, timesheets and address any employee issues
- Maintain general knowledge of appropriate university policies and procedure in an effort to act as a one-stop shop while providing the highest customer service to our students
- Record maintenance and archival processing
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Student Services
Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.