Function of Job
This position requires recruiting, travel, diplomacy and tact, the ability to maintain confidentiality, to work independently while still working well with others, prioritize, organize, manage a budget, schedule games and practices and the capacity to complete tasks with limited oversight and independent judgment in the environment of a Christian university’s athletic department.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Director of Athletics.
Examples of work performed
[Note] Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Responsible to recruit to meet your quota as designated by the university.
- Responsible for tracking and submitting all statistical data as it pertains to your sport.
- Verifies and pays travel expense reports.
- Schedule all games and practices as related to your program.
- Schedule and make travel accommodations for your sport.
- Monitor the academic progress of your student athletes
- Sponsor and promote activities to grow community support
- Track scholarships on an annual basis
- Play a role in the student athlete’s spiritual growth
- Operate your program within the framework laid out by the university.
- The ability to understand and comply with NCCAA/NAIA rules and regulations
- Work with outside vendors in the purchase of supplies for program
- Work well with others in the context of a Christian university to support the university’s well-being as a whole.
- Operate program under the guidelines of NAIA, NCCAA, and the KCAC