Commencement Information | December 2019
Nursing Pinning & Commencement Ceremony | Friday, December 13th @ 1:00 PM, Chapel Fine Arts Center
Campus-Wide Welcome | Saturday, December 14th @ 8 AM – 9:30 AM
Commencement Rehearsal | Saturday, December 14th @ 9:45 AM, Lyon Performance Hall
Commencement Ceremony | Saturday, December 14th @ 10:30 AM, Chapel Fine Arts Center
Doors will open @ 9:30 AM | Doors will close @ 10:25 AM
Campus-Wide Welcome | Saturday, December 14th, following ceremony until 2 PM
Come experience OKWU! Friends and family are invited to visit the following before and after the ceremony:
- Doc Lacy’s Coffee Shop – located in the Haltom Campus Center
- Founder’s Bookstore – located in the Haltom Campus Center
- Charles & Janice Drake Library
For All Graduates
- Arrive promptly for rehearsal, robed and ready.
- General instructions will be given to line up and transition to the Chapel.
- Marshals will lead you throughout the ceremony.
- For Associate and Bachelor graduates with a 3.5 cumulative GPA or higher, honor cords will be awarded during registration at rehearsal.
- As you shake hands with Dr. Jim Dunn onstage, please stop and smile for Craig’s Photography, who will also be taking candid shots throughout the day’s festivities. You can view and purchase these photos on their website. You can contact them directly at 918.336.1750.
Diplomas & Transcripts
Please make sure you have provided the Registrar with an up-to-date mailing address. Diplomas will be mailed to you within 6 to 10 weeks after your degree is conferred, which is the last date of the term/semester when all graduation requirements are completed. Transcripts will be available within 7 to 10 days after the end of the term. Contact the Registrar’s Office with any additional questions.
Parking & Campus Map
View the Campus Map for event parking. Handicap accessible parking and a limited number of parking spots are available outside the Lyon Chapel and Fine Arts Center. Additional handicap accessible and general parking spots are available throughout campus.