To be considered for selection as the Social Life Director, each candidate must possess and complete the following:
- Full-time student status at OKWU
- 2.5 or higher GPA in all major coursework
- Clean disciplinary record
- Track record of campus involvement at OKWU
- Social Life Director Application
- Interview with Student Development Staff
The Social Life Director is a staff member in the Office of Student Development. As such, the Social Life Director represents the office by practicing and promoting its philosophies and programs to the greater campus community.
OKWU Social Life seeks to serve the campus community in a variety of ways. Social Life sponsors many activities throughout the year, all with the goal of facilitating university community. Social Life provides excellent venues for meeting other students and plugging into campus life. Our emphasis is on building community and leaving a legacy.
The specific job responsibilities of the Social Life Director are as follows, but not limited to:
- Run monthly Social Life committee meetings.
- Meet weekly with the Social Life Staff advisor.
- Plan and implement activities for the greater OKWU community that enhance morale; including but not limited to: one large event per semester and two small events per semester.
- Plan and implement homecoming activities; namely, the homecoming coronation ceremony and spirit week.
- Plan and implement the OKWU Expo, a fair that highlights activities and organizations available for new students, during Eagle Week.
- Carrying out other duties as assigned.
The application will prompt you to answer the following essay questions. Please have your answers prepared in advance as the form will not allow you to save and return to it later.
- Explain the personal qualities, abilities, or strengths you would bring to the Social Life staff.
- Design an original program or event that you would implement for the OKWU community if you are hired as the Social Life Director.
- Explain why you chose this program or event and how it would benefit your residents.
- Create an overall plan for the event (how do you get the word out, what supplies do you need, etc)
- Create an advertisement or poster for the event. (you will be able to upload this as a document within the application).