Chapel Reading 2019-2020
Oklahoma Wesleyan University is a four year liberal arts university that seeks to develop the whole person; mind, body, and spirit. Because of our desire to develop students spiritually, we offer a Chapel service every Wednesday & Friday. In the event that a student either is approved for a chapel alternative or fails to meet the attendance requirements for chapel, they are required to complete a ‘Chapel Readings” course. These course requirements are as follows:
Read two books from the list below, write a 2-3 page double-spaced (12 point type) Personal Impact Paper on each of the books. Each paper should clearly reflect your reading of the book by the examples and illustrations you give, and should answer the question “What personal impact has the reading of this book had on my personal walk with God?” and “How am I changed (or desire to change) because of the thoughts engendered by my reading this book?”
These approved books are available for purchase through online bookstores (www.amazon.com, www.half.com, www.cbd.com). The OKWU Bookstore may be able to order them for you or they may be available in the OKWU Library.
- Dr. Josh McNall: “Long Story Short”
- CS Lewis-‘Mere Christianity”
- CS Lewis-“Four Loves”
- Ravi Zacharias-“Jesus Among Other Gods”
- NT Wright-“Simply Jesus”
- NT Wright-“After you Believe”
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer-“The Cost of Discipleship”
- Craig Groeschel- “The Christian Atheist”
- John Ortberg- “Who is this Man?
- John Ortberg-“Soul Keeping”
- Eric Metaxas- “Amazing Grace”
- Lauren Chandler- “Steadfast Love: The Response of God to the Cries of our Heart.”
If you have been approved for a chapel alternative for a previous semester, you must choose a book not previously read for this purpose.
ALL READING PAPERS MUST BE COMPLETED by the 5:00 pm on the Friday before Finals Week begins.
If you have questions, please e-mail Ben Rotz at email@example.com or call him at 335-6279 (6279 on campus).
VP for Student Life