RN to BSN
Explore a convenient approach to continuing education for practicing nurses just like you – entirely online with Oklahoma Wesleyan University.
Our RN to BSN program builds upon your existing knowledge and personal experience as a registered nurse and offers a deeper perspective into the art and science behind nursing. Earn your Bachelor of Science in Nursing with OKWU and take the journey of knowledge, personal experience and faith that will not only enhance your professional character, but also your talents as a caregiver and follower of Christ.
Students enrolled in our RN to BSN degree program will study courses such as:
- Nursing’s Role in Health Care
- Theoretical Foundation of Nursing
- Spiritual Care of the Client
- Nursing Ethics Seminar
- Health Promotion & Family Theory I & II
Our RN to BSN program is based on the founding belief that nursing education is a lifelong process and that students and faculty alike are equal partners in educational development. Prepare for a journey of knowledge, personal experience and ultimately faith.
More than a degree!
"So blessed to be part of a university that really cares and shows how God’s hands and feet can work all the way across the world."
-Tiffany Benson – RN to BSN Grad; Wife of a Marine stationed in Japan
In order to graduate from Oklahoma Wesleyan University with the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree a student must complete the following criteria:
- A total of 126 credit hours consisting in the completion of:
45 hours of Core Nursing Curriculum
39 hours of General Education
42 hours of Electives
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- All Nursing Core Curriculum courses must be completed through OKWU AGS
On location & online
- Students not entering with an Associate’s degree must submit proof of a high school diploma or GED
- Official transcripts verifying a minimum of 60 transferable college credit hours (A maximum of 72 semester credit hours may be transferred from a two-year college. Transcripts are required from all colleges attended.)
- Applicants with a Diploma from a hospital school of Nursing may transfer in 40 credit hours
- An overall grade point average of 2.5 in previous college work (Applicants with a GPA below 2.5 may be admitted on a conditional basis.)
- Proof of current unencumbered United States RN licensure
- Students whose first language is not English (unless a US citizen) must have a TOEFL score of 69 or higher
- Students must either own or have access to a computer with internet capabilities
- This is a lock-step program; students must complete each course with a 2.0 grade or better before moving on to the next course (each course may only be repeated one time)
- Students whose core GPA falls below 2.5 will be place on academic probation for the next term
- Students must maintain current RN licensure for the duration of the program at OKWU
- Students must comply with the program attendance policies to continue the program