Financial Aid

Traditional Student Financial Aid

Traditional (on-campus) students typically attend classes in the fall and spring and are seeking a degree in Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science programs.

Graduate & Professional Studies Financial Aid

Graduate & Professional Studies (GPS) students are typically seeking online classes to get their associates, bachelor’s, or master’s degree.

Have a Question?

Contact the Office of Financial Aid with your questions.

Book an appointment

Financial Aid

Home / Admissions / Financial Aid

Invest in Your Future

We know that college is an investment—but it is one worth making! That’s why we aim to make the financial aid process as seamless as possible. We want to ensure finances don’t keep you from achieving your calling for tomorrow. In fact, the vast majority of our students receive financial aid.

Smiling Woman with friends with brand elements

Let us help you through the process.

We’ll walk you through the process of obtaining financial aid. It’s free to apply for federal, state, and institutional aid.

Apply Today

Aid Offers are prepared for accepted students, so apply now.

Act Now

Our best advice is to complete your financial aid ASAP.

Make copies

 Remember to make copies and then submit to us.

Contact us

We’re here to help make this a smooth process. Email us or book an appointment.

Types of Aid

There are many types of financial aid. Before getting started, it’s a good idea to familiarize yourself with the types of aid that can be applied for.


Grants are a type of aid that do not need to be repaid. They are provided based on the need of the student as determined by the FAFSA.


Loans are a form of aid that need to be repaid with interest. Loans are given on a need-based basis from both governmental and private sources. The need for each student is determined by the FAFSA.


There are many kinds of scholarships from outside sources that a student can obtain. A scholarship is a form of financial aid that does not need to be repaid. They are given out on a merit or achievement basis.

Military Veterans

Military/Veterans Benefits may be utilized by those who have served or who are serving in the U.S. Armed Services, their spouses and dependents, and/or their surviving family members. There are several different military/veteran benefits available to many of our students. OKWU students may contact the V.A. Rep Office for more information.

Contact: 918.335.6261

Learn More

Other Aid

There are many organizations that support students in their educational pursuits.


Work-study eligibility is based on a student’s financial need and FAFSA processing date. Eligible students are employed through the university in on-campus and off-campus positions. Work-study positions pay $8.00 per hour, and students are scheduled to work 8-10 hours per week. Work-study will be treated as a standard job, with Human Resources requirements as well as general work-related requirements.

Vocational Rehabilitation Services (VRS)

Vocational Rehabilitation Services, a program of the Bureau of Rehabilitation Services (BRS), provides quality individualized services to enhance and support people with disabilities to prepare for, obtain, or retain employment. Through active participation in their rehabilitation, people with disabilities achieve a greater level of independence in their workplace and living environments.

Visit the VRS website for more information

Native American Scholarships

Many tribes fund scholarships for college-bound members.

High School Counselor

Set an appointment with your school counselor to discuss scholarship options.

Non-OKWU Scholarships

There are many free online scholarship databases. Apply often!


Tuition reimbursement or employer assistance is offered by many companies as an incentive to their employees to obtain or complete their degrees. Check with your employer or your parent’s employer, if you are a dependent student.

Steps for Receiving Federal Financial Aid at OKWU

Welcome to Oklahoma Wesleyan University! We are excited that you have chosen to begin or continue your education with us and want to assist you in any way that we can.

/* Intentionally Blank */
Create FSA ID

The first step in seeking federal aid is creating an FSA ID. This gives you access to Federal Student Aid’s online systems and can serve as your legal signature. If you have not created one yet, click here to do so. If you need assistance, call (800) 557-7394.

If you are a dependent student, your parent will need to create a FSA ID as well.

Complete FAFSA

Once you have your FSA ID, you will need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Our school code is 003151.

You will need your prior-prior tax return information for the FAFSA (e.g., 2020 tax information for the 2022-2023 FAFSA and 2021 tax information for the 2023-2024. FAFSA). We highly recommend using the Data Retrieval Tool that is part of the FAFSA to import your tax data for ease and accuracy.

The FAFSA must be completed every year.

Complete MPN/EC

Before loans can be processed, you must complete a Master Promissory Note for Subsidized/Unsubsidized Direct Loans (MPN) and Entrance Counseling (an interactive educational reading to inform you about the loan program) with the Department of Education.

You do this only once for your entire program.

Submit Documents

Keep an eye on your email for missing documents. For instance about one in every three students who completes the FAFSA is chosen for a process called Verification. If your FAFSA is chosen, you will be notified of what additional information we need.

Access the Portal

To access your financial aid information such as missing items to complete your financial aid, accept or decline your financial aid offer, and view your College Financial Plan, visit

Contact Our Office

Please feel free to contact the Office of Financial Aid with any questions or concerns. Our phone number is (918) 335-6282, and our email is

Experience OKWU

Skip to content