LPN to BSN in Nursing
Advance Your Education.
If you’re serious about making a difference as a nurse, come experience the convenient, flexible, supportive, and affordable pathway at OKWU.
The LPN-BSN Advance is an advanced placement option offered by the School of Nursing at Oklahoma Wesleyan University. The LPN-BSN Advance student will receive 20 credits of advanced standing in nursing and have the option to take NURS 3823 – Nursing Care of the Childbearing Family, and NURS 3923 – Nursing Care of the Childrearing Family for 6 additional hours of credit. To have advanced standing credit applied to his/her transcript, the LPN-BSN Advance student must take NURS 3143 – Nursing Advance, complete all junior-level general education courses with a “C” or higher, and complete all junior-level nursing core courses with a “C+” or higher.
Advanced placement is designed to advance the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) educationally and professionally, as well as to prepare him/her to take the NCLEX-RN. Two pathways of entry are planned. The LPN-BSN Advance student is subject to the same progression policies as those required of the traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
Why Nurses Choose OKWU
- 100% employment rate for traditional students for 2020
- 100% NCLEX pass rate for Class of 2022, 2021, 2019, and 2018
- 91.6% NCLEX-RN pass rate for 2020
- Earn your LPN-BSN in 4 semesters
- Cutting-edge simulation labs
- Varied clinical experiences
- Nursing mission trips
Prepare for a career that’s:
- In great demand
- high paying
Planned Entry Pathways
Advanced standing placement into the traditional BSN program, on a space-available basis, at the junior level.
Students are encouraged to have completed all general education requirements and required to have completed a minimum of 32 credits before entering the LPN-BSN Advance Program.
- The deadline for internal applicants is March 1st
- The deadline for external applicants is June 1st
LPN-Advance Admission Requirements
- Application and Admission to Oklahoma Wesleyan University
- Application and Admission to the Traditional BSN Program (through the School of Nursing)
- Unencumbered license as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the State of Oklahoma
- Graduate of an ACEN Accredited LPN Program OR at least 1 year of work experience as an LPN