Earn Your Master of Science in Education
OKWU’s program is designed for teachers and educational professionals who, upon completion of their master of Education courses, will possess the appropriate knowledge, skills, and professional abilities necessary to be a master teacher in the classroom.
Our master of education programs are designed with the educator’s demanding schedule in mind. Offered in highly interactive online and onsite formats, the OKWU program allows educators to earn a master’s degree in as little as 22 months while developing the knowledge, skills, and dispositions of a master teacher.
A strong sense of community is at the heart of OKWU’s Master of Education program. Within cohorts, M.Ed. students are encouraged to share their areas of expertise, professors are supportive and accessible, and university staff members are on call to assist students in reaching their educational goals.
The M.Ed. courses are focused on the application of new knowledge and skills, and are designed to equip students to implement positive change in their current classrooms and schools. It is also designed to prepare for executive managerial and administrative positions in schools, central offices, and ministry organizations. A distinctive of the OKWU graduate experience is to incorporate the study of Christian values and ethics.
More than a degree!
"The M.Ed program at OKWU is unique in the fact that it offers a true opportunity for signiﬁcant leadership in the schools through the Action Project. The faculty also have current, real-life teaching experiences, so they know the struggles and joys involved with teaching. I thoroughly enjoyed the networking with other candidates from the area!"
-Keri Bostwick, M.Ed. Graduate 2013
In order to graduate with a Master’s of Education in Oklahoma Wesleyan University’s graduate studies program, a student must complete the following criteria:
- Completion of 33 hours of required curriculum:
27 hours of Core Curriculum (including Internship/Portfolio)
6 hours of Licensure or Non-Licensure Tract courses
- All courses must be completed through OKWU AGS
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Students must complete each core course with a 2.0 grade or better
- Students whose core GPA falls below 2.0 will be place on academic probation for the next term
- Students must comply with the program attendance policies to continue the program
On location & online
In order to be unconditionally admitted into any graduate-level program, including on-campus or online Education Master’s degree coursework, the applicant must submit the materials listed below:
1. An official transcript showing a conferred Bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited college or university in the United States or a foreign college or university which is approved by an international transcript evaluation organization recognized by Oklahoma Wesleyan University (see International Student Admissions Criteria).
2. Any other official transcripts needed to verify undergraduate prerequisite courses or graduate transfer credit. Students may transfer up to 6 semester hours of graduate coursework toward a graduate degree, provided that the courses are approved by the Dean of the School.
3. An undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (probationary admission may be granted for GPA’s as low as 2.50).
Once a student has been admitted to graduate study, he/she must begin taking courses within two (2) calendar years.
Students possessing a baccalaureate degree may be granted probationary admission with prescribed deficiencies when undergraduate GPA falls between 2.50 and 2.99 on a 4.0 scale, assuming all other admission criteria is met. Students on probationary status will not be allowed to proceed beyond nine (9) credit hours of work within the degree program unless the student achieves a cumulative GPA of 3.0 in the program.