The School of Education is seeking an individual who will aid in the recruitment, retention, and refinement of students for the program. This individual will work no more than 20 hours per week.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Dean of the School of Education.
Qualifications and Education
- A personal and vital Christian faith
- A bachelor’s degree
- Acceptance into OKWU’s master’s program
- The ability to maintain a 3.0 GPA in the master’s program
Examples of work performed
[Note] Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Provide one-on-one tutoring, instruction, and feedback for students in need of remediation on the required state certification exams.
- Manage the data for accreditation reports through importing, exporting, and running reports.
- Assist professors with the writing of program reviews.
- Occasional proctoring of classes during testing.
- Track checkout/return of iPads, laptops, Chromebooks, and other curricular material for students.
- Maintain the upkeep of the curriculum lab and ed tech lab so methods courses are able to use these spaces.
- Occasional class attendance to review concepts taught to students in order to reinforce learning during tutoring sessions.