Function of Job
This position requires recruiting, travel, diplomacy and tact, the ability to maintain confidentiality, to work independently while still working well with others, prioritize, organize, manage a budget, schedule games and practices and the capacity to complete tasks with limited oversight and independent judgment in the environment of a Christian university’s athletic department.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Head Women’s Basketball Coach. Performance reviews are given on an annual basis.
Examples of work performed
[Note] Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Responsible to aid in recruiting
- Responsible for tracking and statistical data as it pertains to basketball
- Verifies travel expense.
- Scheduling athletic contest as applicable.
- Aid in travel accommodations for your sport.
- Monitor the academic progress of your student athletes
- Aid in activities to grow community support
- Assist in the financial aid process with student athletes
- Play a role in the student athlete’s spiritual growth
- Work for program within the framework laid out by the university.
- The ability to understand and comply with NCCAA/NAIA rules and regulations
- Work with outside vendors in the purchase of supplies for program
- Work well with others in the context of a Christian university to support the university’s well being as a while.
- Operate program under the guidelines of NAIA, NCCAA, and the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference
- Work Winter and Spring Commencement events
- Work university-wide special events when called upon by the Office of the President