All elected members of the Oklahoma Wesleyan University Student Government Organization are expected to:
- Uphold the standards and values of Oklahoma Wesleyan University
- Be a fully engaged participant in Student Government Meetings
- Vote responsibly in the best interest of the students at Oklahoma Wesleyan University
- Fulfill obligations while holding an office
To be eligible to run for office:
- Must have been registered as a full-time student of OKWU for at least a semester
- Will continue to be a full-time student for the next academic year
- Must have a GPA of 2.7 or above
- Must compile a list of 15 signatures saying they support you running for SGO. A template for the list is attached to this application and can be submitted with this application.
Further Proceedings (Very important! Do not skip)
After submitting this application and the petition list you will receive an email by March 13th saying you have been approved by Student Development to run for your selected office. Then you will be allowed to campaign for office from March 13th– April 1st. You will be required to give a speech on April 2nd in front of the student body. Elections will be held the following week outside the cafeteria by a secret ballot. Good Luck!