Oklahoma Wesleyan looks a lot different than it did ten, five, and even two years ago. Thanks to generous donors, OKWU has been blessed with three new buildings in the past year. The Keating Center was completed and opened, and a new residence hall and student game room were added by the end of 2013.
Drake Hall, the newest residence hall on OKWU’s campus named after donors Charles and Janice Drake, was completed in September 2013. Architect Scott Ambler and Boldt Construction cooperated on the project, which includes a grand staircase, vaulted ceiling, and spacious sitting room. More home than dormitory, the beautiful building currently houses young men. Drake Hall was dedicated in October 2013.
In January, OKWU opened doors to the renovated Carriage House, just in time for the spring semester. Formerly building had many uses, including the School of Nursing; the Carriage House is now a student game and sitting room with flatscreen TVs, two ping pong tables, video games, and a pool table. New garage bay windows overlook a freshly landscaped courtyard and community fire pit. The building has been renovated in keeping with its historic 1930’s garage look.
Although the campus may look different, as in recent years it has grown tremendously, it is a still a place where Jesus is the focus. To stay updated on OKWU’s growing campus, be sure to visit okwu.edu/about.