Graduates are invited to an in-person Commencement on Saturday, May 8, 2021, in the Lyon Chapel and Fine Arts Center at OKWU.
Saturday, May 8 at 10:30 am: Traditional Student Commencement (download program)
Watch on YouTube
9:00 AM – 9:30 AM – Trad Graduate Check-in
9:30 AM – 9:45 AM – Change into regalia if needed
9:30 AM – 9:45 AM – Graduates with Roles Rehearsal
9:45 AM – 10:30 AM – Trad Graduate Rehearsal
9:45 AM – 10:30 AM – Doors Open for Guests
10:30 AM – 11:30 AM – Trad Ceremony
Saturday, May 8 at 1:30 pm: GPS Student Commencement (download program)
Watch on YouTube
12:00 PM – 12:30 PM – GPS Graduate Check-in
12:30 PM – 12:45 PM – Change into regalia, if needed
12:30 PM – 12:45 PM – Graduates with Roles Rehearsal
12:45 PM – 1:30 PM – GPS Graduate Rehearsal
12:45 PM – 1:30 PM – Doors Open for Guests
1:30 PM – 2:30 PM – GPS Ceremony
- Limited tickets will only be distributed out to each graduate
- The number of tickets allotted will be determined after the graduation application deadline (March 1st)
- Masks will be required
- Social distancing will be enforced
Updated Commencement Protocols
OKWU is continuing to take measures to protect the safety and well-being of our community. To fulfill this commitment, the OKWU Cares committee has developed health and safety measures and protocols that must be adhered to while on-campus. Please help us provide a memorable and safe event for all involved by following all health and safety protocols below:
Guests cannot enter the chapel until the ‘doors open’ time. Handicap parking is available in the parking lot on the northeast side of the Chapel Fine Arts building. The ceremony will be livestreamed – the link has been posted above and the livestream will start as soon as it is available.
Following the Ceremony
The chapel auditorium will be locked for cleaning. Graduates will recess down to the library patio (west side of Drake Library), weather permitting, to pick up their Alumni Association gift. There will be photo opportunities available.
Doc Lacy’s Coffee Shop and Drake Library will be open between ceremonies. OKWU’s bookstore will be open after each ceremony. Merchandise is also available for purchase on the bookstore website.
Health and Safety
- Stay home if sick or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. Livestreaming of the commencement will be available on this webpage for those unable to attend.
- Properly wear masks or facial covering over both the nose and mouth while on campus.
- Respect personal space and practice social distancing at least six (6) feet between individuals. Requirements apply in all settings on campus.
- A physical ticket is required to enter due to capacity guidelines.
- Ushers and security will be ensuring mandatory masks and social distancing of seating procedures are followed.
- Practice good hygiene. Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout university facilities.
- Food and beverages are not permitted.
- Photography guideline: Students may momentarily remove their face covering for pictures provided that they maintain appropriate social distancing from other individuals.
- In-person celebrations must occur outdoors with masks on. Avoid congregating indoors or in large groups.
- All those in attendance will be required to wear a mask (OKWU will provide these for all), with the exception of speakers and graduates when walking across the stage.
- Lyon Chapel and Fine Arts Center will be locked in the morning and until after the ceremony so the building can be cleaned.
Diplomas and Transcripts
- If your alumni mailing address has changed since completing your graduation application, you will have the opportunity to update it in the link below. OKWU will make the address you submit in the link your address of record with OKWU. However, if at any time in the future your address changes, please update it using this link.
- Diplomas will be mailed to you within 4-6 weeks after your degree is conferred, which is the last date of the term/semester when all graduation requirements are completed. Transcripts are available for order within 7-10 days after the end of the term through this link.
- Contact the Registrar’s Office with any questions.
- If you would like to formally announce your graduation, consider ordering online from Herff Jones.
Regalia will be available for pickup at your graduation check-in. If desired, regalia can be picked up in Bartlesville once available; watch your email. Regalia can also be mailed if you live out of town and have a zero balance on your account. Contact Billie White to have your regalia mailed.
Regalia will be available for pickup at your graduation check-in if you have not yet received it. Steamers will be available, but please steam your gown ahead of time, if possible.
Only official OKWU regalia is allowed. However, you may decorate your cap if it is consistent with OKWU community standards, which are described as OKWU distinctives (page 7) and conduct expectations (page 42-48) in our Student Handbook. If it is deemed inconsistent, you may not be able to walk in the ceremony. If you are unsure if your regalia will be allowed, please contact Dalene Fisher with specific details.
You will receive the amount of tickets you submitted on your Ticket RSVP form. One ticket will allow one guest to enter. Babies age 2 and below can attend without a ticket only if they are held for the duration of the ceremony. The guest seating is limited for each ceremony. Your guests must sit as a group because the seats are pre-set.
- Am I a Traditional or GPS student? That is the ceremony I am attending.
- What is my arrival time?
- Do I know where I am going on campus? (see Campus Map)
- Do I have my mask, regalia (if I’m not picking it up at check-in), and nice shoes?
- Do I (or my guests) have the guest tickets?
- Do I have a plan for someone to hold my things during commencement?
- Did I fill out the Senior Spotlight form?
- Did I share the Senior Spotlight page to let my friends and family know I’m graduating?
- Did I convey the necessary info to my guests?
Emergency Contact (Day of)
If for any reason you have a question or concern the day of, please contact Billie White at 918-766-3715