Fall 2020 Commencement
Graduates are invited to an in-person Commencement on Saturday, November 21, 2020, at 10:30 AM CT. The ceremony will be held in Lyon Chapel and Fine Arts Center at OKWU.
- Graduate Letter
- Graduates must RSVP by September 15 to attend the Commencement on November 21, 2020. Seating is limited and tickets are required.
Updated Commencement Protocols
In light of the recent spike in the COVID-19 virus in the region, the university is taking measures to protect the safety and well-being of our community. To fulfill this commitment, the OKWU Cares committee has developed health and safety measures and protocols that must be adhered to while on-campus. Please help us provide a memorable and safe event for all involved by following all health and safety protocols below:
Health and Safety
- Stay home if sick or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. Livestreaming of the commencement will be available on this webpage for those unable to attend.
- Properly wear masks or facial covering over both the nose and mouth while on campus.
- Respect personal space and practice social distancing at least six (6) feet between individuals. Requirements apply in all settings on campus.
- All in attendance will be required to have their temperature checked upon arrival at the Lyon Chapel and Fine Arts Center. It must be less than 100°F or 37.7°C to enter. A bracelet will be given to those whose temperatures have been taken. Please wear it throughout the entire event. Thank you for understanding.
- A physical ticket is required to enter commencement due to capacity guidelines.
- Ushers and security will be ensuring mandatory masks and social distancing of seating procedures are followed.
- Practice good hygiene. Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout university facilities.
- Food and beverages are not permitted.
- Photography guideline: Students may momentarily remove their face covering for pictures provided that they maintain appropriate social distancing from other individuals.
- In-person celebrations must occur outdoors with masks on. Avoid congregating indoors or in large groups.
- There will be no physical contact (i.e. handshakes, hugs, etc.) by any OKWU personnel, including the ceremonial side-by-side picture with the President of OKWU.
- All those in attendance will be required to wear a mask (OKWU will provide these for all), with the exception of speakers and graduates when walking across the stage.
- Lyon Chapel and Fine Arts Center will be locked in the morning and until after the ceremony so the building can be cleaned.
- A Commencement ceremony for you will be held in the OKWU Chapel on November 21, 2020, at 10:30 am CT.
- Fall 2020 Graduates must RSVP here by September 15 to attend the Commencement on November 21, 2020. Seating is limited. Free tickets will be mailed to the address submitted in the RSVP form.
- If you are unable to attend Nov. 21, please contact us with questions about future Commencements.
- Because of seating protocols, you will be issued a limited number of tickets for family and friends to celebrate with you when you RSVP for this event.
Diplomas and Transcripts
- If your alumni mailing address has changed since completing your graduation application, you will have the opportunity to update it in the link below. OKWU will make the address you submit in the link your address of record with OKWU. However, if at any time in the future your address changes, please update it using this link.
- Diplomas will be mailed to you within 4-6 weeks after your degree is conferred, which is the last date of the term/semester when all graduation requirements are completed. Transcripts are available for order within 7-10 days after the end of the term through this link.
- Contact the Registrar’s Office with any questions.
- If you would like to formally announce your graduation, consider ordering online from Herff Jones.
Caps, Gowns, Hoods, and Cords
- Students that live out of town can have their regalia mailed, if requested, and if your account is paid in full. For questions about your account, contact Trad Student Accounts if you are a traditional student or GPS Student Accounts if you are a GPS student. Your honor cords and hoods will be given to you at your rehearsal. For caps and gowns, please try them on ASAP to ensure a correct fit.
- Please contact Melissa if your address has changed since submitting the RSVP form or grad application. For any other questions or concerns about regalia, please contact Melissa by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at (918) 335-6434.