Congrats Class of 2022
Graduation photography is provided by Craig’s Photography LLC. Following the event, visit craigsphotographyllc.zenfolio.com to view and purchase images. Please contact the photographer directly with questions.
Friday, May 6
1 PM: Nursing Pinning
7 PM: Baccalaureate Service
Graduates are invited to an in-person Commencement on Saturday, May 7, 2022, in the Lyon Chapel and Fine Arts Center at OKWU. This is a ticketed event. Attendance is limited for graduates and guests with tickets.
Saturday, May 7
10:30 am: Traditional Commencement
9:00 am – 9:30 AM – Student Check-in
9:30 am – 9:45 AM – Change into regalia if needed
9:30 am – 9:45 AM – Graduates with Roles Rehearsal
9:45 am – 10:30 AM – Ceremony Rehearsal
9:45 am – 10:30 AM – Doors Open for Guests
10:30 am – 11:30 AM – Ceremony – Watch Archive
1:30 Pm: GPS COMMENCEMENT
12:00 pm – 12:30 pm – Student Check-in
12:30 pm – 12:45 pm – Change into regalia if needed
12:30 pm – 12:45 pm – Graduates with Roles Rehearsal
12:45 pm – 12:30 pm – Ceremony Rehearsal
12:45 pm – 1:30 pm – Doors Open for Guests
1:30 pm – 2:30 pm – Ceremony – Watch Live
Updated Commencement Protocols
OKWU is continuing to monitor COVID-19 protocols and will take measures to protect the safety and well-being of our community as needed. Attendance will be limited for commencement ceremonies for graduates and guests with tickets, as well as faculty and volunteers.
Get Your OKWU Apparel
Guests with tickets will be allowed to enter the chapel starting at door open time. Handicap parking is available in the parking lot on the northeast side of the Chapel Fine Arts building. The ceremony will be live-streamed on this page.Attendance will be limited for commencement ceremonies for graduates and guests with tickets, as well as faculty and volunteers. Graduates will be given a set number of tickets to give to their guests. Please fill out the RSVP form linked below, allowing us to prepare for the number of guests at commencement. This will also be utilized if restricting the number of guests becomes necessary.
Following the Ceremony
The chapel auditorium will be locked for cleaning. Graduates will recess down to the library patio (west side of Drake Library), weather permitting, to pick up their Alumni Association gift. There will be photo opportunities available.
Doc Lacy’s Coffee Shop and Drake Library will be open between ceremonies. OKWU merchandise is available for purchase on the bookstore website.
Health and Safety
- Stay home if sick or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. Livestreaming of the commencement will be available on this webpage for those unable to attend.
- Practice good hygiene. Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout university facilities.
- Food and beverages are not permitted.
Diplomas and Transcripts
- If your alumni mailing address has changed since completing your graduation application, you will have the opportunity to update it in the link below. OKWU will make the address you submit in the link your address of record with OKWU. However, if at any time in the future your address changes, please update it using this link.
- Diplomas will be mailed to you within 4-6 weeks after your degree is conferred, which is the last date of the term/semester when all graduation requirements are completed. Transcripts are available for order within 7-10 days after the end of the term through this link.
- Contact the Registrar’s Office with any questions.
Click here to order your cap & gown. You can then select “Oklahoma Wesleyan University.” The colors for your degree should be:
- Associates – matte gray cap/gown; yellow tassel
- Bachelor- matte black cap/gown; black tassel
- Master – matte black cap/gown; school color tassel and hood (navy and yellow inside)
All graduate regalia needs to be ordered no later than April 11, 2022 to ensure they get delivered on time. Once they have been ordered, email Abby Petermann at firstname.lastname@example.org. She is the contact for any questions regarding regalia and commencement.
Only official OKWU regalia is allowed. However, you may decorate your cap if it is consistent with OKWU community standards, which are described as OKWU distinctives (page 7) and conduct expectations (page 42-48) in our Student Handbook. If it is deemed inconsistent, you may not be able to walk in the ceremony. If you are unsure if your regalia will be allowed, please contact Dalene Fisher with specific details.
- What is my arrival time?
- Do I know where I am going on campus? (see Campus Map)
- Do I have my regalia and nice shoes?
- Do I have a plan for someone to hold my things during commencement?
- Did I fill out the Senior Spotlight form?
- Did I share the Senior Spotlight page to let my friends and family know I’m graduating?
- Did I convey the necessary info to my guests?
Emergency Contact (Day of)
If for any reason you have a question or concern the day of, please contact Abby Petermann at (918) 766-4721