This position is responsible for the instruction and supervision of students in the Department of Mathematics and Science/ Chemistry.
This position requires the integration of faith and learning with a biblical worldview. A successful candidate must demonstrate excellence in pedagogy and planning and have expertise in the supervision of educational practitioners. A successful candidate must be able to work independently and collaboratively on individual and school goals.
Evidence of commitment to the integration of Christian faith and living with the theory and practice of education is expected. A personal and vital Christian faith is required; a connection to The Wesleyan Church or one of the many denominations comprising the historic Wesleyan-Armenian tradition is preferred.
Supervision Given or Received:
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Dean of the School of Health and Science and ultimately reports to the Provost.
Candidates must have an earned Master’s degree in the area of chemistry or related field with 18 hours of graduate work in chemistry coursework. Candidates must be willing to work toward a terminal degree.
Candidates with an earned terminal degree in the area of chemistry or related field will be given priority. Higher education experience is desired, but not required, for this position.
Examples of Work Performed:
NOTE: Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the job description. (The OKWU Faculty Handbook documents policies and expectations for all faculty members.) All work will be performed under the direction of the School of Health and Science.
- Create comprehensive and cohesive syllabi that advance the mission of the university and align to all accreditation standards.
- Work collaboratively with other professors to recruit, retain, and refine students in the School of Health and Science.
- Teach a diverse population of collegiate learners effectively.
- Articulate professional goals and develop plans of action for students.
- Demonstrate cooperation with the other Schools within the University.
- Actively engage in personal and professional development as a faculty member.
- Adhere to and assist with all assessment and accreditation requirements.
- Oversee academic advising for assigned students within the School of Health and Science/ Chemistry.
- Serve on Faculty Council committees as needed.
- Build healthy, biblical, collaborative relationships with the OKWU community.
- Advance the mission of OKWU through the recruitment, retention, and refinement of students in the School of Health and Science.