The Higher Learning Commission
Oklahoma Wesleyan University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission.
The Higher Learning Commission, 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604, (800) 621-7440
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation
The School of Education and Exercise Science at Oklahoma Wesleyan University is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), formerly known as the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
The purpose of our Educator Preparation Program (EPP) is to train and produce outstanding educators that demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and professional dispositions to excel and have a positive impact on student learning. For this to be accomplished, the Educator Preparation Program has designed educational programs that align with rigorous national and state standards. Each program is nationally recognized by its Specialized Professional Association (SPA.):
- The CAEP Elementary Standards (2018) for the Elementary Education program – state recognition.
- The National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE), for the Secondary English Education program.
- The National Council for the Social Studies (NCSS), for the Secondary Social Studies Education program.
- The National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM), for the Secondary Math Education program.
- National Educational Leadership Preparation (NELP), for the Masters of Education program.
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing and master’s degree program in nursing at Oklahoma Wesleyan University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
The Doctor of Nursing Practice program at Oklahoma Wesleyan University is pursuing initial accreditation by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org). Applying for accreditation does not guarantee that accreditation will be granted.
The school is a member of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing.
International Accreditation Council for Business Education
Oklahoma Wesleyan University has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. Click the following documents to see the business programs that are accredited by the IACBE:
- Degrees accredited by IACBE
- About the IACBE
- The IACBE’s Value Proposition
- Public Disclosure of Retention 2019-2020
- Student Learning Assessment Results
Oklahoma Wesleyan University has been approved to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. View NC-SARA directory.