The Higher Learning Commission
Oklahoma Wesleyan University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission.
The Higher Learning Commission, 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604, (800) 621-7440
National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
The School of Education at Oklahoma Wesleyan University is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Education (CAEP), formerly known as the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
The purpose of our Educator Preparation Program is to train and produce outstanding educators that demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and professional dispositions to excel and have a positive impact on student learning. For this to be accomplished, the Educator Preparation Program has designed educational programs that align with rigorous national and state standards. Each program is nationally recognized by its Specialized Professional Association (S.P.A.):
- The Association for Childhood Education International (ACEI) for the Elementary Education program.
- SHAPE America (formerly known as NASPE), for the Health & Physical Education program.
- The National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE), for the Secondary English Education program.
- The National Council for the Social Studies (NCSS), for the Secondary Social Studies Education program.
- The National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM), for the Secondary Math Education program.
- The National Science Teachers Association (NSTA), for the Secondary Biology Education program.
- Educational Leadership Constituent Council (ELCC), for the Masters of Education program.
- The Office of Educational Quality & Accountability (OEQA) standards for Vocal Music, for the Elementary/Secondary Vocal Music Education program. State level only.
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master’s degree in nursing at Oklahoma Wesleyan University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 887-6791. The school is a member of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing.
International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education
IACBE is located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA.