1 full time opening in Bartlesville, OK
The person in this position is responsible for overseeing the Registrar and Institutional functions of the university. He/she will identify key policies and practices that align with the strategic vision of the institution, establishing systems that guarantee the ability to grow rapidly without compromising quality, lead a staff charged with diverse and complex duties, ensure compliance with federal, state, and accreditation regulations and standards, and work cooperatively and collaboratively with all departments, faculty, and administration as a key and highly integrated function of the university.
Supervision Given or Received
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs. Supervision is exercised over all staff within the Office of the Registrar.
Examples of Work Performed
- Selects, trains and supervises the Registrar’s office personnel.
- Oversees the accuracy, completeness, and confidentiality of students’ academic records, issues transcripts at their request, and maintains adequate backup documentation.
- Prepares and publishes each semester’s class schedule, including time and room assignments with the assistance of School Deans and the Provost/VPAA.
- Is responsible to see that all programs and teaching sites are approved for Veterans’ benefits. Serves as contact person to the State Accrediting Agency and certifies eligible students for veterans’ benefits. This person also verifies student enrollment to other outside agencies as necessary.
- Evaluates the transcripts of transfer students, systematically checking students’ progress toward graduation, and verifies the completion of graduation requirements.
- Orders diplomas and issues diplomas for graduates and honorary doctoral candidates.
- Prepares semester and graduation academic honors lists.
- Serves as Unit Data Coordinator for data supplied to the Oklahoma State Regents and Keyholder for IPEDS surveys.
- Identifies areas of concern and assists in the solution for problems relating to registration, records maintenance, classroom scheduling and computer assistance.
- Serves as a member of the Academic Affairs Committee and Faculty Council.
- Maintains procedure manual for position.
- Conducts evaluations of prospective students’ transcripts (traditional).
- Supervises bulk mailings.
- Evaluates, reviews and approves Clep/Dantes, course substitutions, etc. for currently enrolled and former traditional students.
- Masters degree required.
- 3-5 years related experience preferred.
- Experience in institutional research, data collection and reporting strongly preferred.
To apply for this position please complete our application by clicking below:
Complete the Online Application
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 918-335-6273 or firstname.lastname@example.org
As an evangelical Christian university of The Wesleyan Church, Oklahoma Wesleyan University models a way of thought, a way of life, and a way of faith. It is a place of serious study, honest questions, and critical engagement, all in the context of a liberal arts community that honors the primacy of Jesus Christ, the priority of Scripture, the pursuit of Truth, and the practice of Wisdom. Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Forbes, the University offers a thriving academic community. It is located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, a city of approximately 30,000 residents known for its strong schools and its appreciation for the arts. Bartlesville is the home of the annual OKMozart Festival and of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Price Tower. It is located in the beautiful Green Country region of northeast Oklahoma, forty-five miles north of Tulsa.