Home / Consumer Information Disclosure

Consumer Information Disclosure

The Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HEOA) requires that postsecondary institutions participating in federal student aid programs make certain disclosures to enrolled and prospective students, parents, employees, and the public. The following information is disclosed to you in compliance with federal law. For additional information, including requesting a paper copy of any materials, please call or email the appropriate office or visit the indicated websites.

#blank first
Contact Information

Admissions Contact Information: Prospective students exploring any of Oklahoma Wesleyan University’s educational programs are encouraged to begin with a visit to our website or a call to our toll-free information line as listed below.

For direct help with information on other issues, you may use the contact information listed below:

If you have questions regarding any of the information in the federal disclosures or would like paper copies of any of the disclosure reports, please contact the Administrative Specialist to the Provost.

Oklahoma Wesleyan University
Haltom Campus Center
2201 Silver Lake Road, Bartlesville, OK 74006

Email: jneill@okwu.edu
Phone: 918.335.6288



#blank first
Academic Programs and Institutional Information

Contact: Registrar | Phone: 918-335-6269

Information concerning OKWU’s current Traditional and GPS educational programs and course descriptions is available linked and also in the University Catalog. The catalog also includes a listing of current faculty. Information about campus facilities, including those that relate to instructional programs, is available through the campus map. Academic complaints must be filed in writing to the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs, 2201 Silver Lake Rd., Bartlesville, OK 74006.

For general information about Oklahoma Wesleyan University, please visit the catalog.


Contact: Director of Academic Assessment | Phone: 918-335-6878

Information concerning OKWU’s institutional and specialized accreditations is available in the Catalog. Oklahoma Wesleyan University holds accreditation with the Higher Learning Commission. In addition, OKWU’s education, business, and nursing programs receive accreditation through program-specific organizations.

College Financing Plan

The College Financing Plan, previously known as the Financial Aid Shopping Sheet, is a standardized, consumer tool that institutions use to simplify the information that prospective students receive about costs and financial aid. This allows students to easily compare institutions and make informed decisions about where to attend school.

To access your OKWU College Financing Plan:

  1. Login to OKWU’s Financial Aid Portal
  2. Select the appropriate award year in the top right of the page
  3. Go to the Menu in the top left corner
  4. Select “College Financing Plan”

Please note: The College Financing Plan will only show if you have already been packaged for the current award year. You will not be able to see this if you have not been issued a financial aid offer by the Office of Financial Aid. You can also see your aid offer details on the “Aid Offer” option in the Menu.

College Navigator

College Navigator is a free consumer information tool designed to help students, parents, high school counselors, and others search for and obtain information about U.S. postsecondary institutions. Enter Oklahoma Wesleyan University as “Name of School” to view OKWU College Navigator information.

Copyright Infringement and Peer-to-Peer File Sharing Policies and Sanctions

Contact: IT | Phone: 918-335-6257

Information regarding OKWU’s Internet Usage Policy is available. It is also available in the student handbook and it must be signed when a student creates his/her WebAccess account.

Cost of Attendance

Contact: Office of Financial Aid | Phone: 918.335.6282

The Cost of Attendance (COA) consists of tuition and fees, books and supplies, room and board, transportation, and any additional costs for a program in which the student is enrolled or expresses an interest. COA includes both Direct and Indirect Costs. For information concerning the estimated cost of attending, click here.

Crime Statistics, Campus Security Policies, Crime Log, and Fire Log

Contact: VP of Student Development | Email: kwhite@okwu.edu | Phone: 918-335-6289 | Emergency Phone: 911

Information regarding public safety at OKWU is provided in the annual OKWU Security and Fire Safety Reports. The Security Report includes crime statistics and policy statements as required. OKWU has contracted with Regroup, an externally hosted system that allows the University to immediately transmit messages to Students, Faculty, and Staff’s phone and email. In the event of a campus emergency, OKWU will send emergency voice and text messages through the Regroup system.

OKWU will make timely reports through Twitter, Facebook, Regroup, emails, or other means. OKWU notifies the campus community of any changes to the OKWU Security and Fire Safety Reports through an OKWU community-wide email.

OKWU publishes an annual Fire Log, which includes information regarding fires on-campus including the nature, date, time, and location of each fire. To obtain a paper copy of either the Security and Fire Safety Report or the Fire Log, contact the Student Development Office.

OKWU Security and Fire Safety Report

2021 Crime Data

2021 Fire Summary

Confidentiality of Student Records (FERPA)

Contact: Registrar | Phone: 918-335-6269

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords students certain rights with respect to their education records. OKWU publishes a Privacy of Student Records that delineates student rights under FERPA. In addition, OKWU information on confidentiality of student records is published in the University Catalog.


Upload secure documents here

The FERPA policy includes our policy on Request to Disclose, Consent not Required, and Subpoenas.

Disabilities Services at OKWU

In compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990/ADA Amendments Act of 2008, Oklahoma Wesleyan University does not exclude otherwise qualified persons with disabilities solely by reason of the disability from participating in university programs and activities, nor are persons with disabilities denied the benefits of these programs or subjected to discrimination.

Once a student is admitted to the University, it is the responsibility of the student to bring to the university’s attention the need for accommodation due to a qualifying disability. Requests for accommodation should be made to the Student Success Center (SSC), which is located in La Quinta Mansion on campus and is operated under the auspices of the Office of Student Development. The SSC will assist students in their request for accommodations and help them obtain other necessary support services. Once proper information has been received, the SSC will notify the appropriate faculty and/or staff of the student’s specific requests. The SSC will also make arrangements with outside agencies for any services needed (i.e., interpreters, audiobooks, etc.). An updated disclosure release form is required each academic term in order for new faculty and/or staff to be contacted regarding the student’s requested accommodations. In addition, an updated application is required in order to meet any accommodation changes.

The information and resources below provide important details about Disabilities Services at OKWU.

Disabilities Services Contact Information:

Student Success Center
Director: Sunshine Hattingh
Email: sshattingh@okwu.edu
Phone Number: 918.335.6296
Located in La Quinta Mansion (2201 Silver Lake Road, Bartlesville, OK 74006)

Disabilities Services Resources:
Disbursement for Books and Supplies

OKWU has partnered with eCampus.com as OKWU’s Official Online Bookstore for the best price and selection – guaranteed!

Why shop your official online bookstore?

  • Guaranteed professor-selected course materials
  • Free shipping to the campus post office*
  • Choose from new, used, eBook, rentals, and Marketplace inventory
  • Price match guarantee
  • Risk-free early ordering; returns accepted up to 30 days after classes begin

*Excludes marketplace purchases

To find your textbooks and course material:

  • Go to https://okwu.ecampus.com
  • Click Textbooks > Order
  • Select Your Term
  • Add Your Course(s) and Section
  • Select “Find Your Materials”
  • For each Course Material Select Your Preferences and “Add Item to Cart”
  • Proceed to Checkout and Complete Order

eCampus Help Desk Contact

If you have questions about an order or need help with the bookstore website, eCampus.com Customer Service is available.

The customer service team is available by phone at 1-859-209-6958 or can be emailed by clicking here. Hours are 8:30AM to 6PM ET Monday thru Friday. Live Chat available 7 days a week.

Can I use my financial aid to purchase books?

Title IV aid (Pell Grant or Direct Loan) recipients who have a credit balance after charges and aid have posted may purchase books through eCampus’ site with a voucher as a charge on the student’s account. The amount of the book purchase will be considered a charge and deducted from the credit balance (student refund) after the financial aid posts. Any change in enrollment or loss of financial aid eligibility may result in an aid recalculation. If aid is reduced, the student will be responsible for repaying this charge along with any tuition or fees that are due.

Even if using a voucher, you may be asked to enter a credit/debit card information. The card will be used if you do not fulfill the rental return obligation.

If eCampus is not able to help you via the phone number or email above, please contact Vanessa at lvalladares@okwu.edu for additional help.



Default Rate
A school’s cohort default rate is the percentage of a school’s borrowers who enter repayment on certain student loans during that fiscal year and default (or meet the other specified condition) within the cohort default period. This information is reported by the Department of Education each year, usually in September. You may search the Department of Education’s database for a school’s cohort default rate.
General Grievance Policy

In accordance with the HLC Student Complaint Policy and in an effort to improve its service to its students, OKWU takes student complaints seriously and uses them to make institutional improvements when appropriate.

Please use this form for non-academic complaints. For academic grievances, please refer to the Academic Grievance Process.

At OKWU, a non-academic complaint refers to a substantial grievance or serious concern. This would include issues with people, processes, practices, or policies that have been oppressive, unfair, unjust, or inhumane. Students who wish to file a complaint and thereby request clarification, investigation, or resolution of the issue raised should fill out this form.

External Contacts for Student Complaints

Students seeking to make an appeal to an external source should use the information below to contact the correct office.

Drug/Alcohol Policy

Contact: VP of Student Development | Email: kwhite@okwu.edu | Phone: 918-335-6289|
Emergency Phone: 911

The OKWU Drug and Alcohol Policy includes the institution’s drug/alcohol policy. The policy provides information about alcohol and other drug health risks, drug alcohol laws and penalties, and campus alcohol and other drug education and counseling resources.

Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations

Contact: Office of Financial Aid | Phone: 918.335.6282

Federal law provides that a student who has been convicted of an offense under any federal or state law involving the possession or sale of a controlled substance during a period of enrollment for which the student was receiving financial aid shall not be eligible to receive any federal or institutional grant, loan, or work assistance. There is a separate, written notice of the penalties for drug violations.

Graduation and Retention Rates
(Student Right-to-Know Act)

Contact: Registrar | Phone: 918.335.6269
Graduation data and retention rates for OKWU full-time, degree-seeking, undergraduate students are available in the IPEDS Graduation Rates and IPEDS Fall Enrollment Report

Graduation and Retention Rates for Student-Athletes

Contact: Athletics | Phone: 918-335-6810

The Department of Athletics annually publishes graduation data and retention rates for OKWU student-athletes on athletically related aid.

Disclosure to Prospective Student-Athletes

Financial Aid

Contact: Office of Financial Aid | Phone: 918.335.6282

The General Financial Aid Information document includes information about the following: need-based and non-need-based federal, state, local, private, and institutional financial assistance programs available to students; eligibility requirements and procedures for applying for aid; criteria for selecting recipients and determining the amount of award; methods and frequency of disbursements of aid; financial aid terms and conditions, including terms applicable to employment provided as part of a financial aid package; rights and responsibilities of students receiving Title IV, HEA loans; the availability of financial aid for study abroad programs; how financial aid is handled when students withdraw; and whom to contact for questions regarding financial aid; the terms and conditions of federal student loans; entrance and exit counseling information; and drug violation penalties. The Title IV Loan Code of Conduct for financial aid employees is also listed.

To submit documents, please use our upload site. Submit to: Financial Aid.

Net Price Calculator

Students may use the net price calculator to find estimates.

Identity Verification for Distance Education Policy Statement
Institutional Review Board

Click the link below to learn more about Oklahoma Wesleyan University’s policy on activities involving human subjects is to fully comply with regulations of the Office of Human Research Protections (OHRP) and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and to implement the principles outlined in the Belmont Report.

Institutional Review Board Information

Intercollegiate Athletic Program Participation Rates and Financial Support Data

Contact: Athletics | Phone: 918-335-6810

In compliance with the Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act, the Department of Athletics publishes information on men’s and women’s athletic programs at OKWU. The EADA report includes the number of participants by gender for each team, operating and recruiting expenses, coaches’ salaries, revenues, and athletically related student aid.

A PDF of the report is available here.

Licensure Disclosures By State

Professional Licensure and Certification Requirements – Federal Regulation as of July 1, 2020

Some of the academic programs at Oklahoma Wesleyan University (OKWU) lead to professional licensure. Beginning July 1, 2020, the U.S. Department of Education regulations require licensure disclosures for all programs leading to a license or certificate.

Each state and territory have different professional licensure and certification requirements. Students who are considering an academic program that may allow them to pursue professional licensure in their state or territory are strongly encouraged to check their state’s or territory’s information below and contact the appropriate licensing agency to seek information and additional guidance before beginning a program outside of their state.

OKWU is a member of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (NC-SARA) which allows us to provide distance education to students who reside in states other than Oklahoma. The Professional Licensure Directory from NC-SARA is linked at the end of this section. Use this section to find the licensing information for each state/territory.

Please note that OKWU teaches to the license and certification standards of the State of Oklahoma. If you plan to work in any state other than Oklahoma, it is highly recommended that you verify that state’s permit, license, or certification requirements before enrolling in an OKWU licensure program. A state’s requirement may include specialized training or specific curriculum that is not required in Oklahoma and as a result, may not be sufficiently covered in the OKWU professional licensure curriculum.  OKWU disclaims responsibility for the failure of any student to meet the educational requirements for a permit, license, or certification in any jurisdiction other than Oklahoma.

If you relocate during your tenure as an OKWU student, please review the requirements for that state and speak with the dean of your school to ensure professional licensing in that state is a possibility.

International Students: Prior to enrolling in an OKWU licensure program, prospective students who live and/or work outside of the United States should confirm with the appropriate licensing agency whether successful completion of the OKWU licensure program meets the requirements of the country where they intend to live/work.  Certain types of employment require advanced or specialized programs.

Requirements of NC-SARA by state:

NC-SARA Nursing Directory

NC- SARA Education Directory

Missing Student Policy and Notification Procedures

Contact: VP of Student Development | Email: kwhite@okwu.edu | Phone: 918-335-6289 | Emergency Phone: 911

OKWU’s Missing Student Policy and notification procedures to be followed when an OKWU student has been reported missing for more than 24 hours are available in “Safety and You”, the annual OKWUsecurity and Fire Safety Report. The report also includes directions for students on how to submit emergency contact and missing person contact information.

Private Lending

Students may utilize private student loans. Here is the self-certification form. OKWU does not have a preferred lender list. We encourage you to research private loans and the terms of the loans carefully and to be sure to use credible banking institutions.

Refund Policy, Requirements for Withdrawal, and Return of Title IV, HEA Financial Aid

Contact: Office of Financial Aid | Phone: 918.335.6282

If a student withdraws from or drops a course, OKWU will adhere to its refund policy as published in the University Catalog. Requirements for return of Title IV, HEA grant or loan aid are also available in the Return of Title IV Funds Policy.

By accepting OWKU institutional money, a student agrees to remain in good standing with student life and abide by University policies.

State Authorization
Student Body Diversity

Contact: Registrar | Email: registrar@okwu.edu | Phone: 918.335.6269

Information about student body diversity, including the number of enrolled full-time students by gender and race/ethnicity, is provided in the Student Body Diversity Disclosure. The number of undergraduate students who receive a Federal Pell Grant is available on College Navigator.

Teacher Education

Contact: Teacher Ed Program | Phone: 918.335.6291

Title II of the Higher Education Act requires annual reports on the pass rates of their graduates on state certification assessments and other program data. The OKWU University Teacher Education Program publishes an annual report on this topic.

OKWU provides a report annually regarding goals, assurances, pass rate information, program information, an accreditation statement, and other information. This report is available by contacting the School of Education at 918-333-6227.

Eight Annual Reporting Measures
Elementary Education Application for Continuing Initial Program Approval
Health PE Application for Continuing Initial Program Approval
M.Ed. Program Review
Oklahoma Annual Report
Secondary English Application for Continuing Initial Program Approval Correct
Secondary S.S. Application for Continuing Initial Program Approval

Textbook Information/Required Course Materials

Contact: Resource Coordinator | Phone: 918.576.7380

The online OKWU Schedule of Classes includes a link to textbook and required materials for each course as soon as the information is available for a given term. Textbook information is also available directly from the University Bookstore website. A link to the bookstore is also available in Brightspace. A link to the bookstore is also available on the OKWU website.

Vaccination Policies

Oklahoma Wesleyan University follows the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s recommendation for immunizations. Specific requirements for vaccinations are published in the Student Health Department Requirements letter that is mailed to all students.

The State of Oklahoma vaccination requirements can be found here.

Voter Registration

The 1998 Reauthorization of the Higher Education Act of 1965 requires institutions of higher education to make a good faith effort to distribute voter registration information. The Office of Financial Aid sends a yearly courtesy email to students regarding registration.

Information on voting in local, state, and federal elections may be found on the U.S. Election Assistance Commission’s official website. Nonresident students may find voter information about their specific states through the U.S. Election Assistance Commission as well.

University Nondiscrimination Statement

In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Oklahoma Wesleyan University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, or sex in any of its policies, practices, or procedures.

Experience OKWU

Skip to content