Church Relations Ambassador, Assistant Professor of Pastoral Theology
School of Ministry and Christian Thought
B.A. Oklahoma Wesleyan University, M.A. in Theology Gordon Conwell Seminary, Ph.D., University of Manchester, UK
Mission and Passion
My goal as an educator is to model both the message and the methodology of Christ in order to inspire students to pursue truth—not in exchange for a grade—but for the glory of God and the good of his world.
Vicit agnus noster, eum sequamur “Our Lamb has conquered, him let us follow.”
- New Testament Survey
- Contemporary Theology
- Christian Worship: Biblical and Historical Foundations
- Revelation; Homiletics I
- Christian Spiritual Formation
Publications, Presentations & Practical Ministries
- Chapters in God’s Story: Reading the Bible as Script and Scripture
- A Free Corrector: Colin Gunton and the Legacy of Augustine, (Minneapolis: Fortress, 2015).
- “Shrinking Pigeon, Brooding Dove: The Holy Spirit in Recent Works by Sarah Coakley and N.T. Wright,” Scottish Journal of Theology, 69:3 (2016), 295—308.
- The Mosaic of Atonement: Toward an Integrated Icon of Christ’s Work (Grand Rapids: Zondervan Academic, forthcoming).
- Long Story Short: The Bible in Six Simple Movements (Wilmore, KY: Seedbed, 2018).