Thank you for your generosity on #OKWUGiveDay!
Due to your generosity we were able to raise $85,000 on Give Day. However, there is still a chance to give. We are hoping to keep the momentum alive and raise $150k to OKWU students!
Give Day is a virtual event dedicated to one purpose: generously supporting our OKWU students’ future. It’s when our community of alumni and friends come together to give to OKWU’s Annual Fund.
A generous donor has already pledged a $50,000 gift – with your help, we can meet this challenge and make this the best Give Day yet! We’re grateful for your generosity in whatever way you give – be it time, money, prayer, or just by helping us spread the word online and in person. Thank you!
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Pray for Students
We can’t do it alone! Pray that God continues to provide students and the university with everything they need. He is faithful. If you want to pray more specifically, consider joining President Dunn’s Prayer Team here.
Ways To Give
Credit Card on Facebook:
Make a donation through our Facebook account. Just click “donate” at the top of the page. Your gift is maximized because there are no credit card fees.
Credit Card by Phone:
Contact Alyssa Wade at 918-335-6243
Give by Check:
Make check payable to Oklahoma Wesleyan University. Note “Give Day” in the memo line.
Oklahoma Wesleyan University
Attn: Business Office
2201 Silver Lake Road Bartlesville, OK 74006
*If possible, when providing a large donation, please send payment by check to ensure OKWU receives a full donation. When using a credit card, the university pays a percentage fee which is deducted from the donation. (i.e. A $5,000 donation would be $4,875.00 after fees.) If paying via credit card is still the most convenient for you, we understand and are grateful for your generosity.
Social Media Kit
How can you help? Here are 5 ways to support #OKWUGiveDay:
- Reach Out Personally – Personally text or call five family members or friends and start a conversation! Share about the importance of OKWU Give Day and the impact they can make on students’ lives through scholarship funding. Then, invite them to donate by sending them a link to https://www.okwu.edu/giveday
Example: “Hey NAME! Oklahoma Wesleyan University is having a Give Day on March 1st. They are raising money to fund student scholarships and strengthen programs. Would you be interested in joining me by giving to OKWU?”
- Start a Facebook Fundraiser – Follow the instructions here to set up a personal Give Day fundraiser on Facebook.
- Share Your Experience – Did you have a favorite class, professor, or coach? What about a funny story from life in OKWU’s dorms? We’d love to hear about it on social media! Don’t forget to use the hashtag! #OKWUGiveDay
- Share Official Graphics – We have created Give Day images with instructions down below that you can post on your social feeds with #OKWUGiveDay
- Share OKWU’s Posts – Follow @OKWUniv on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn to share our Give Day posts!
Click images to view and download them to post on your social media feed. We recommend that you post on February 28th, the day before Give Day.
What Students are saying about #OKWUGiveDAy:
“Thank you! Continue supporting
OKWU because you are changing
the life of every student here.”
Taylor Smith (Junior, Chemistry)
“Financial support was literally an answer to prayer. By you giving, whatever it was, you really helped me grow into the woman of God that he’s called me to be.”
Summer Smith (English Education ’22)
“The Presidential Leadership Scholarship gave me enough funds to attend OKWU. I knew, based on how many doors opened, that God wanted me here… Thank you!”
Gabi Moore (Elementary Education ’22)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is #OKWUGiveDay?
For three years, Give Day has been an opportunity for the larger OKWU community to support student scholarship by giving to OKWU’s Annual Fund. It’s also a day for gratitude by our students to the university’s donors.
Our world has never needed OKWU graduates like it does right now, and your support means more than ever. When you give to #OKWUGiveDay:
- You provide scholarships for students and help ensure that an OKWU education is attainable to all.
- You help OKWU continue to grow and expand into the future.
- You help our students reach their full potential and prepare them to be the next generation of leaders in businesses, ministries, organizations, and communities across the globe.
What is the NOW Campaign?
When is it?
This event takes place March 1, 2023 – but you don’t have to wait until then! You can support our students at any time. Give today and mark your donation “Give Day.”
Who can participate?
Anyone! We encourage all alumni, parents, students, faculty, staff, and friends of OKWU to participate by making a gift. Every donation counts, of any size – together, we can propel OKWU forward!
Where does the money go?
Your donation goes to the OKWU Annual Fund, which helps the university provide scholarships and financial aid to students who might otherwise not be able to attend. You can rest easy that your money is making a difference in the life of an OKWU Eagle.
What if I've already made a gift this year or in the past?
Thank you! You’ve already made a huge difference, and we’re incredibly grateful. If you’re able, we encourage you to donate again during this exciting day – together, we can unlock the matching gift promise and maximize all of our donations.
How can I give?
We accept donations on our website, by mail, over the phone, or through our Facebook account. You can raise money for OKWU on your personal Facebook page, too. Follow these instructions to set up a Give Day fundraiser, and help spread the word far and wide on social media.
Who can I contact with questions?
If you have questions about your Give Day donation – or want to know more about how you can get involved – contact us at email@example.com.