OKWU Nursing Adjunct Faculty
Function of Job
Teaching responsibilities are predominately in the traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program. This position requires a faculty person with a specialty in medical-surgical, mental health, or maternal-child in nursing who shares the vision of the School of Nursing: to be Christ’s hands and heart to touch the world one person, family, and community at a time.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Dean of the School of Nursing and the Primary Course Instructor.
Examples of work performed
[Note] Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
To teach in clinically based undergraduate nursing courses.
To participate in the with the primary course instructor.
To evaluate students per policy.
To advise, mentor and support students.
To support and contribute to the institutional strategic mission, vision and goals.
Performs other tasks as assigned.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications
A baccalaureate in Nursing A Masters in Nursing, from a regionally accredited institution, is preferred. Must have a current unencumbered nursing license in the state of Oklahoma, multi state license preferred.
A current practice with a minimum of two years full-time equivalent practice as a Registered Nurse is required. Evidence of commitment to the integration of Christian faith and living with the theory and practice of nursing is expected. A personal and vital Christian faith is required along with a connection to The Wesleyan Church or one of the many denominations comprising the historic Wesleyan-Armenian tradition is preferred.
- Maintains regular class and office hours. A maximum of 4 office hours per day.
- Provides a careful review, evaluation and timely feedback on students’ work.
- Submits grades and attendance sheets to the Registrar according to established deadlines.
- Coordinates with the primary course instructor and conducts make-up sessions as needed.
- Represents Oklahoma Wesleyan University in a professional manner.
- Oversee clinical experiences within the clinical setting. Aid students as needed.
- Serve as the liaison between the University and the clinical facility.
- Grade and oversee clinical paperwork.