Jerome Van Kuiken
Dr. Jerome Van Kuiken earned his B.A. in Religion from Kentucky Mountain Bible College, his Master of Divinity from Wesley Biblical Seminary in Mississipi, and his Ph.D. in Theology from the University of Manchester in England. He grew up as a Missionary Kid and Preacher’s Kid, and brings a wealth of practical experience to his teaching, having served in local church ministries and having taught college-level courses since 2000. He is married with two children.
“We’re a close-knit community that aims to shape the whole person in a Christlike way. If you’re looking for a place that combines classical Christian values, serious academics, and warm relationships, OKWU is a great place to attend.”
Doctrine of Holiness
Christian Worldview and Apologetics
Introduction to Philosophy
Publications and Presentations:
- Theology & Spider-Man webinar
- Discipling Spider-Man: No Way Home and Youth Ministry
- Scorsese’s Christmas Story
- “Superheroes and the Human Nature of Christ” podcast
- “Challenges to Biblical Authority” (plenary address at the 2019 OKWU Josh McDowell Institute)
- Seven Minute Seminary videos on Jesus and the Trinity
- Regular contributions to the Light from the Word daily devotional.
- Jason Vickers and Jerome Van Kuiken, eds., Methodist Christology: From the Wesleys to the 21st Century (GBHEM, 2020)
- Chapters in Theology and Spider-Man (Lexington/Fortress Academic, 2022); The Third Person of the Trinity: Explorations in Constructive Dogmatics (Zondervan, 2020); T&T Clark Handbook of Thomas F. Torrance (T&T Clark, 2020); Leadership the Wesleyan Way: An Anthology for Forming Leaders in Wesleyan Thought and Practice (Emeth, 2016); and Reconsidering Arminius: Beyond the Reformed and Wesleyan Divide (Abingdon, 2014)
- Jerome Van Kuiken, Christ’s Humanity in Current and Ancient Controversy: Fallen or Not? (T&T Clark, 2017)
- Articles and book reviews in a variety of professional journals, including the International Journal of Systematic Theology, Wesleyan Theological Journal, and Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society.
Ordained minister, The Wesleyan Church
Executive Committee Member, Thomas F. Torrance Theological Fellowship
Member, Wesleyan Theological Society and Evangelical Theological Society
Fellow, John and Charles Wesley Center
Board member, Firebrand e-magazine