OKWU on the Move
1. Ashlyen (Fisher, ’21) and Jonathan St. Clair were married on May 12, 2023. They live in Phoenix, Arizona. Ashlyen recently started a job as a Graphic Designer at Alliance Defending Freedom, the world’s largest legal organization committed to protecting religious freedom, free speech, the sanctity of life, parental rights, and God’s design for marriage and family.
2. Ryan (’22) and Zoee (Granville, ’23) Rodgers were married on August 6, 2022. They currently live in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, where Ryan is a financial advisor for Arvest, and Zoee is a labor and delivery nurse at Ascension St. John in Owasso.
3. Benjamin (’21) and Kjirsten (Brown, ’20) Bender married on June 10, 2022. Kjirsten teaches English and coaches varsity soccer at Wright Christian Academy in Tulsa, where Ben serves as the Director of Spiritual Formation and teaches Bible courses. They are expecting their first child, Lydia Bea Bender, in September.
4. Matthew (‘19) and Brooklynn (Berido, ‘18) Greenwood live in Columbus, Georgia. Matthew is a Second Lieutenant in the U.S. Army and continues his training at Ft. Moore. He earned a Master of Arts in Statecraft and National Security Affairs from The Institute of World Politics. Brooklynn works remotely as the marketing manager at Museum of the Bible, in Washington, D.C.
5. Perica (’17) and Mariana (Guerrero, ’15) Obradovic live in Bartlesville, Oklahoma. Mariana works at ConocoPhillips, and Perica is a Manager of Mortgage Services at Truity Credit Union.
6. Kody (’18) and Blythe (Freshwater, ’20) Moseman welcomed their second child, David, on April 15, 2023.
7. Jabin (’20) and Alyssa (Powell, ’20) Umfleet welcomed their first child, Hazel, on August 11, 2022. They recently moved to Reading, Michigan, where Jabin works at Crossroads Farm, specializing in interdenominational youth ministry.
8. Dr. Jim Lo (’78) has completed over 2000 prayer walks on IWU’s campus – over 27 years of daily prayer walks! Lo has served at IWU for 25 years as a professor, dean of the chapel, division chair, and campus intercessor. Jim was honored at the 2022 graduation service with the Professor of the Year Award, the fifth time he received that honor.
9. Chris (’10) and Whitney (White, ’10) Breiland live in Tulsa, Oklahoma, where Chris serves as the Director of Family Ministry at Asbury Church. Whitney is a stay-at-home mom with their 3 children, Charlotte (age 5) and twins Caroline Grace and Shepherd Christopher, born October 25, 2021.
Annie Heck (’19), D.O., completed medical school at Kansas City University of Medicine College of Osteopathic Medicine and has entered residency at University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita Family Medicine Residency Program at Wesley Medical Center in Wichita, Kansas.
Matt Shea (’12) republished his book, Reflections of a Life Worth Living, in 2022. The book tells the story of Shea’s life with disability challenges and how God helped him do the impossible.
Beverly Kimball (Conner) (’91) recently published Cultivate Your Personality: Listening to the Holy Spirit Through the Enneagram through Wesleyan Publishing House.
Kelly Carter (Hunt) (’12) began working as an Early Childhood Education Specialist at the Oklahoma State Department of Education in September 2022. Before this new role, Carter taught elementary students for 6 years while completing her National Board Certification as an Early Childhood Generalist.
Doug Forsberg (’79) received the Excellence in Accommodations Award at Southern Nazarene University. Forsberg taught at SNU’s School of Theology and Ministry since 2003.
Share your news at okwu.edu/share