Kedrick Nettleton, Staff Writer

Congratulations to Emma Zuniga, the 2020 recipient of Oklahoma Wesleyan University’s Follow Scholarship!

Emma is a high school sophomore from Spearfish, South Dakota. She, along with her youth group at Countryside Church, attended Follow 2019, The Wesleyan Church’s youth conference, this December in Cincinnati. Along with hundreds of other students at the conference, Emma entered OKWU’s first Follow Scholarship Giveaway. The scholarship is a financial award covering 50% of tuition, room, and board during a student’s time at OKWU – a value up to $75,000 in all. Jake Feickert, OKWU Admissions Counselor, presented the scholarship award to Emma at Countryside Church on February 9. “I am so happy that The Follow Scholarship went to such an amazing student,” he said. “Emma is a true leader in her youth group, school and community. I’m excited to watch Emma live out God’s calling on her life here at OKWU and see all the people that she impacts for the Kingdom. Students and families like hers’ make my job such a blessing. Congratulations, Emma!”

“I am so happy that the Follow Scholarship went to such an amazing student. Emma is a true leader in her youth group, school, and community.”